Summary The retail market for health and beauty products in South Africa reached ZAR42 billion in 2014 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% in 2014-2019, to reach ZAR59 billion by 2019. Healthy economic conditions, rapid pace of urbanization, and increasing health consciousness have fueled the growth of the health and beauty category. Consumers are becoming more conscious about skin-care and South Africa is leading the way in the skin-care products segment. Conversely, the male grooming and beauty industry is also on the rise in the country.
Key Findings - Online spending on health and beauty products accounts for 0.9% of the total retail sales in the segment in 2014
- Bulk of the sales of health and beauty products are sold through offline channels including hypermarkets, supermarkets, drug stores and health and beauty stores.
- The health and beauty segment accounts for 3.18% of the overall retail sales in 2014
Synopsis “Health and Beauty Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting health and beauty retail dynamics from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of health and beauty products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations; duty free retailers; value, variety stores, general merchandise retailers and vending machines
- An overview of key health and beauty retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on health and beauty sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the performance of health and beauty product sector, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Cheese in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
MEA is one of the smallest regions for dog food globally, with countries at very different levels of economic development and diverse requirements. Shifting demographics and strengthening pet humanisation see smaller dogs gaining popularity, and adoption of premium and ultra-premium foods perceived as highly nutritious and healthy. From a...
Butter and Yellow fats in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
The region saw a decrease in retail volume of computers in 2018. South Africa and Nigeria were exceptions due to the popularity of portable computers and gaming. The fall in computers was due to rising adoption of smartphones and economic uncertainties, though peripherals were stable. While innovation in laptops, with new light convertible...
Sweet Bakery in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers wrapped ambient and chilled cakes, pies, tarts and other sweet bakery products. It excludes frozen products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels...
Oral Hygiene in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash and ancillary oral hygiene products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and...