Food Retail: Global Industry Guide, MarketLine
- October 2015 •
- 296 pages •
- Report ID: 3522247
Global Food Retail industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global food retail market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global food retail market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global food retail market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from 14 countries globally, alongside individual chapters on each country.
The global food retail industry had total revenues of $5,848.6bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between 2010 and 2014.
Supermarkets/ hypermarkets account for the largest proportion of sales in the global food retail industry in 2014, sales through this channel generated $3,204.1bn, equivalent to 54.8% of the industry's overall value.
Growth in this industry is largely being driven by countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Countries such as China, Indonesia, and Thailand are seeing good growth as modern outlets grow at the expense of traditional retail formats. A number of country industries are mature and facing saturation, particularly in Western Europe.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global food retail market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the global food retail market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global food retail market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* Who are the top competitors in the global food retail market?