Summary BNP Paribas is the world’s seventh-largest wealth manager (as measured by published assets under management). In 2014 BNP Paribas’s profits were negatively influenced by a settlement with US authorities that resulted in an exceptional charge of $7bn in 2014 and a profit development of -61%. BNP Paribas is continuing to implement its 2014-2016 Business Development Plan, which has impacted its wealth operations in terms of both cost-cutting measures and synergy efforts such as upstreaming clients. As part of BNP Paribas’s strategy of targeting UHNW clients, its US subsidiary Bank of the West launched a new ultra-high net worth (UHNW) unit, Family Wealth Advisors, in October 2015. BNP Paribas strengthened its brokerage capabilities in India by acquiring retail brokerage Sharekhan in July 2015.
Key Findings - BNP Paribas is predominantly a retail bank, with BNP Paribas Wealth & Asset Management contributing 7.2% of overall group revenues.
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management is looking to the higher wealth tiers, particularly the growing UHNW wealth in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. Bank of the West has launched a new UHNW unit in the US, which means better positioning to target the growing UHNW wealth.
- The firm targets entrepreneur clients and corporates with a service proposition integrating its expertise in corporate and investment banking. In its domestic markets, BNP Paribas’s private banking operations target new clients by upstreaming wealthy customers from the group’s retail banks.
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management has implemented a cost-cutting plan but still has a cost-revenue ratio higher than its competitors. For wealth management, the plan included the introduction of a multi-channel strategy with common customer relationship management and digital solutions across international entities and domestic digital synergies.
Synopsis Verdict Financial’s Super League In-Depth Analysis: BNP Paribas Wealth Management competitor profile is a comprehensive analysis of BNP Paribas’s wealth management and private banking operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers the wealth manager’s recent merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, customer targeting, and product innovation. Insight into BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including M&A activity.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance at group and divisional level, including comparison to other global wealth managers.
- Examination of the key target client groups.
- Analysis of BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s service and product proposition and how it is unique compared to its competitors.
- Review of BNP Paribas’s marketing and social media activities at group and divisional level.
Reasons To Buy - Examine the financial performance and key ratios for BNP Paribas Wealth Management and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s recent M&A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s marketing strategy and social media presence.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
2021 Trends to Watch in Wealth Management
The pandemic has reshaped business on so many levels, and wealth management is no different.Robo-advice; industry consolidation; greater concern for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles; and a shift towards greater use of technology in the personalization...
Abstract Investment Management Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers, which are also referred to as investors, of investment management services. Operators make investment decisions on behalf of investors, such as individuals or institutions, to achieve specified investment...
China Merchants Bank - Competitor Profile
’China Merchants Bank - Competitor Profile’ provides a comprehensive analysis of CMB’s private banking and wealth management operations. It offers insights into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under...
Mining Industry Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Raising Quarterly Deals Review - Q3 2020
“Mining Industry Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Raising Quarterly Deals Review - Q3 2020” report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on M&As (mergers, acquisitions, and asset transactions)...
Credit Andorra’s Implementation of Salesforce’s Cloud Platform - Use Case Study
This report explores Credit Andorra’s deployment of Salesforce’s cloud platform to minimize the complexity resulting from different business lines and make the company more prepared to meet customer needs....
The global third-party banking software market grew at a CAGR of around 7% during 2014-2019. The third-party banking software refers to a multi-channel application that performs numerous core banking functions, private wealth management and business intelligence. It is an integrated and customized software solution...
HNW Offshore Investment: Drivers and Motivations
The proportion of HNW individuals who invest offshore has been on the rise despite the scandals that have shaken the industry.While the reasons are diverse and differ from country to country, an expectation of better returns abroad, international...
Competitor Profile: Credit Suisse Private Banking
Credit Suisse is a global bank headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland.It provides private banking and wealth management, corporate banking, investment banking, and retail banking services to individuals, corporations, and institutions in...
Super League In-Depth Analysis: HSBC Private Bank 2019
Headquartered in London, HSBC Holdings is a global universal bank.HSBC Private Bank is a brand used by its Global Private Banking division, catering to individuals with more than $5m (or the local currency equivalent) in assets.
Asset Management Revenue
Asset Under Management
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.