Summary Food and grocery accounted for 48% of total market retail sales in 2015. From CAD137 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.44% over the forecast period, to reach CAD163 billion by 2020. Rising disposable income, an ongoing trend of rapid urbanization, rapid adoption of private label brands, and increasing competition among retailers will transform the consumption pattern among consumers.
Key Findings - Private labels brands are gaining increasing adoption among the Canadian consumers.
- Packaged food is the largest product category sold as of 2015.
- Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.45% during 2015-2020
Synopsis “Food and Grocery Retailing in Canada - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across Canada and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Canada retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Croatia PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report Summary Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 23.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (16.8%) and transport, storage and communication (8.8%). The three sectors...
146 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Feb 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 was a year of extremes – both in growth and contraction. Regarding store-based retailing, non-grocery specialists saw the largest contraction in value sales. Department stores fared the worst, due to such formats being enclosed spaces which attract a high number of customers, thus consumers avoided such spaces...
Austria: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary “Austria: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Austria retail environment....
Austria: Food & Grocery - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary “Austria:Food & Grocery - Market Shares Summary Forecasts to 2023” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Austria retail...
Austria: Clothing & Footwear - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary Austria: Clothing & Footwear - Market Shares Summary Forecasts to 2023, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to...
Austria: Home - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary Austria: Home - Market Shares Summary Forecasts to 2023 provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Austria retail environment. In...
Market Overview Australia’s Retail Sales grew 3.7 % Y-o-Y in Sep 2018, compared with a 3.7 % increase in the previous month. This sector is segmented on the basis of product category, distribution channel, and market dynamics. Australia is one of the most urbanized societies in the world, with about 24 million...
Summary Canada's retail sector is expected to witness healthy growth over the next five years backed by improving economic conditions, government efforts at boosting domestic consumption, relatively low inflation levels, and increasing disposable income. Rising number of internet users and increasing adoption of mobile devices is...
Summary Canada's retail market for electrical and electronics holds a market share of 10.4% in 2015. The electronics and electrical products market in the country is mature and has been witnessing a modest growth over the past few years. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.52% to reach CAD33.8 billion by 2020. During 2015-2020,...
Summary Canada's retail market for clothing is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% over the next five years, to reach CAD27 billion by the end of 2020. The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales is set to reach 8.11% by 2020, from 8.08% in 2015. Over the forecast period, the per capita spending on clothing is forecast...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.