Nonwoven Filter Media: Technologies and Global Markets
- November 2016 •
- 282 pages •
- Report ID: 363450
Use this report to:
- Gain insight into recent technological advancements and product portfolios of the major players dealing in nonwoven filter media.
- Assess the global market scenario for nonwoven filter media by all regions, types, and applications.
- Identify market trends, issues and factors impacting the global market for nonwoven filter media, including raw materials and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate the number of patents listed over a brief period in conjunction with nanofiber filtration.
- The global market for nonwoven filter media reached $4.3 billion in 2015. The market should reach $4.6 billion in 2016 and nearly $6.5 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% from 2016 to 2021.
- The global nonwoven filter media for the transportation industry reached $922 million in 2015. The market should reach $988 million in 2016 and $1.4 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2016 to 2021.
- The healthcare market for global nonwoven media reached $508 million in 2015. The market should reach $554 million in 2016 and $847 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2016 to 2021.
The goal of this study is to help the reader form a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances in nonwoven filter media manufacturing, their commercial applications and worldwide markets. For the purposes of this report, the materials will include filter media manufactured by drylaid and wetlaid processes and by spunbonding, meltblowing and apertured film extrusion.
To attain the stated goal, several objectives will be met. The major types of nonwoven filter media manufacturing processes will be described. An overview of filtration processes and key physical and chemical properties of raw materials will be provided.
Commercial applications in which these materials are used will be discussed. Present consumption and future demand for these materials will be evaluated for global markets by four world regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific region and the rest of the world.
Trends in technology will be analyzed and forecast. The impact of governmental regulations will be ascertained. The structural dynamics of the nonwoven filter media industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in North America and other parts of the world.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Since the end processes for many nonwoven filter media are designed to control pollution and the purity of fluid streams, they are heavily regulated. Critical filtration processes include several application sectors: water filtration, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), manufacturing and food processing. The increasing consumer awareness of product safety, water purity and air quality and their long-term effects on human health are prompting new technological trends in the filtration industry.
Corporations engaged in the nonwoven filter media industry must understand the significance of these trends to effectively manage their enterprises and resources, as must stakeholders in the industry, who need to be aware of the effects that these trends place upon their operations. End users of nonwoven filter media must consider the effects of these changes to select the most cost-effective options among available products and technologies prior to committing significant capital resources.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study provides a comprehensive accounting of worldwide nonwoven filter media markets in a multi-client format. It presents a thorough and up-to-date global assessment of the technology, markets and business of nonwoven filter media. This, in turn, will help industry participants, suppliers and customers make the informed decisions needed to compete and succeed in the marketplace.
Over the next five years, significant changes are forecast to take place in global nonwoven filter media manufacturing and applications. Consequently, the information presented in this study is very important to:
- Members of the financial community who must understand, assess and rate the effects of forthcoming changes in the nonwoven filter media industry on the financial performance of the companies active in this market segment.
- Chief executive officers who must effectively manage the assets of their company so they can benefit from forthcoming changes in the nonwoven filter media industry.
- Directors of planning who must incorporate anticipated changes in the nonwoven filter media industry into corporate planning documents.
- Directors of manufacturing who must implement new nonwoven filter media technology and products into their operations.
- Directors of engineering, research and development who must incorporate the latest in nonwoven filter media technology and products into their designs and projects.
- Decision makers targeting major nonwoven filter media consumers, such as the companies involved in water filtration, utilities, HVAC designers, automobile and manufacturing industry filtration system designers, and food processing industry participants.
- Executives at companies engaged in developing competitive filter media, including woven materials, foamed and mesh filter manufacturers, separation membrane manufacturers and so forth.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report covers the technological, economic and business considerations of the nonwoven filter media industry with analyses and forecasts provided for global markets. Included in the report are descriptions of market forces relevant to the nonwoven filter media industry and their areas of application.
Global markets are presented by type of nonwoven filter media along with growth forecasts through 2021. Estimates on sales value are based on the price in the supply chain at which the media are procured by filter fabricators or filtration system manufacturers.
Market-driving forces and industry structure are examined. International aspects are analyzed for all world regions and types of nonwoven filter media. Brief profiles of major global manufacturers are presented.
Estimates of market demand are made for 2016 and are projected over five years. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars. Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR). Market values represent manufacturers’ revenue; it’s the value at final point of sale that has been calculated, which is not the same in all cases as the manufacturers’ revenue, since many agents and converters take their percentages.
Research for this report began with an analysis of the available technical and business literature, as well as an evaluation of records of the separations industry available to the author. Conversations with industry experts and company representatives and a review of their published works provide the backbone for an evaluation of the industry.
Information sources for the study also include online research, patent literature, technical journals and trade magazines, notably Nonwovens Industry, Nonwovens Report International and Sustainable Nonwovens. In evaluating the global market, information was obtained from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry (INDA), the European Disposables and Nonwovens Association (EDANA) and the Asian Nonwoven Fabrics Association (ANFA).
Adrian Wilson has been an analyst and editor specializing in the technical textiles, nonwovens and composites industries for more than 20 years. He is currently the editor of the B2B magazines Sustainable Nonwovens and Smart Textiles and Nanotechnology and has written numerous books on his fields of expertise.