Marine Freight in Europe
- April 2018 •
- 34 pages •
- Report ID: 364575
Marine Freight in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe marine freight market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container and dry bulk cargo , by sea and ocean going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The European marine freight industry had total revenues of $24.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The containerized segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $22.9bn, equivalent to 94.1% of the industry’s overall value.
- In 2017, global marine freight rates stabilized following a disastrous 2016, this alongside growth in the volume of world trade has encouraged the recovery of the industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe marine freight market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe marine freight market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe marine freight market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe’s marine freight market?