Marine Freight in the United Kingdom
- May 2017
- 31 pages
Marine Freight in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom marine freight market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container and dry bulk cargo, by sea and ocean going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK marine freight industry generated total revenues of $1.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -10.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- The containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $1.1bn, equivalent to 97.3% of the industry's overall value.
- Some areas of the freight market have been improving despite the decline seen in the UK industry. In particular ferry freight between the UK and Europe improved well in 2016.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom marine freight market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom marine freight market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom marine freight market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's marine freight market?