Summary Presence of large population of young consumers and low inflation will provide growth opportunities of Suncare market in Colombia. Sun Protection, which has the highest volume share as on 2015, is expected to record the fastest growth during 2015-2020. The market is led by players such as Tanga and Sundown.
Key Findings - Colombian Suncare market is forecast to register higher growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020.
- The Cap is the most commonly used closure type, and its usage is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% in the Colombian Suncare market during 2015-2020.
- Laboratories Recamier Ltd and Johnson and Johnson GmbH are the market leaders in the Colombian Suncare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian Suncare market.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Aerosol and others
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
32 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Sep 2018
The Colombian economy faced challenges in 2017, with an economic slowdown, a negative consumer confidence index, an increasing tax burden and consumers maintaining caution in their expenditure. This had a negative effect on many packaging types. Nevertheless, pack types such as plastic pouches and refills succeeded in home care and beauty...
Amid a tepid performance from alcoholic drinks during 2017, marked by a strong increase in prices and economic slowdown, categories with a low alcohol content like beer registered flat growth in total volume terms. This had a knock-on effect on alcoholic drinks packaging, with glass bottles registering a slight decline in total unit volume...
The drop in total packaging sales within soft drinks in 2017 was the result of falling demand within most soft drinks areas due to the deceleration of the Colombian economy and adverse weather conditions. However, companies have been introducing and promoting a variety of bottle sizes to adapt to the need for convenience, portability and affordability,...
The importance of small independent grocers in the Colombian retail landscape is shaping the development of packaging formats as most customers purchase small amounts on a daily basis. During 2017, the smallest packaging sizes under 50g, mainly flexible packaging, recorded the strongest growth, driven by personal sachets of instant coffee...
The effects of the tax reform and the slowdown of the economy led to an increase in the prices of beauty and personal care products, as well as the raw materials used for the manufacturing of packaging, discouraging consumers’ consumption, especially in the first semester. Beauty and personal care packaging is not as mature and it is expected...
Flexible plastic posted the highest volume growth amongst home care pack types in 2017. Growth was particularly strong in laundry care and wipes. Euromonitor International’s Home Care Packaging in Colombia report offers insight into key trends and developments driving packaging across the category. Product coverage: Air...