Summary The Make-Up market in Japan is forecast to register moderate growth during 2015-2020, which will be primarily driven by ageing population. Face Make-Up is the leading value category, while the Eye Make-Up category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2019. The rising societal pressures to look good at the work place will also drive Male consumers to use Make-Up products.
Key Findings - Of the four categories analyzed, Face Make-Up will be the largest value category, registering a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020
- Older Consumers accounts for majority of Eye Make-Up and Face Make-Up consumption
- The Make-Up market in Japan accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Cosmetics and Toiletries retail sales in 2014
- The use of Rigid Plastics is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020
- Shiseido Company, Limited and Kao Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Personalisation and Novel and Experimental are the two most important trends in the market.
- Rising consumer concerns about environment degradation will lead to an increase in preference for brands that address these concerns
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Lip Make-Up, and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Glass, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Tube, Tray, Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender, age-group, education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Make-Up Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High growth Economies Summary The Asia-Pacific make-up sector, valued at US$14,093.4 million in 2017, is forecast to reach US$20,134.5 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.4%. The region’s growing young population...
248 pages •
By Future Market Insight Global & Consulting Pvt Ltd
• Sep 2018
In this report, Future Market Insights (FMI) offers a 10-year forecast for the global cosmetic pencil & pen packaging market between 2017 and 2027. In terms of value, the global cosmetic pencil & pen packaging market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The study reveals the dynamics impacting the global cosmetic...
The global demand for Nail Polish is forecast to report strong growth driven by consumption in major emerging markets.More growth opportunities will turn up between 2018 and 2025 as compared to the past five years, suggesting rapid pace of change. Companies quickly adapting to this changing landscape are emerging as top performers and...
Make up Global Industry Almanac 2013-2022 Summary Global Make-up industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
The Global Nail Care Market size is expected to reach $13 billion by 2024, rising at a market growth of 5.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Nail care means the care of fingernails and toenails. Poor nail care leads to many problems such as collection of bacteria and other infectious organisms under the nails. Cutting nails straight...
The Asia Pacific Nail Care Market would witness market growth of 7% CAGR during the forecast period (2018 – 2024). Nail care means the care of fingernails and toenails. Poor nail care leads to many problems such as collection of bacteria and other infectious organisms under the nails. Cutting nails straight across with only slight rounding...
The global demand for UV Nail Gel is forecast to report strong growth driven by consumption in major emerging markets.More growth opportunities will turn up between 2018 and 2025 as compared to the past five years, suggesting rapid pace of change. Companies quickly adapting to this changing landscape are emerging as top performers and...
59 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2018
Western Europe is the third largest market for colour cosmetics globally. Millennials continue to be the focus of product launches, and brands, both independent and large, have been developing ranges that cater to their needs. The retail landscape has been dynamic, as shops have been revamped with digital innovations and interactive games...
This study covers the world outlook for nail polish and home manicure products across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the country in question (in millions of U.S. dollars), the percent share the country is of the region, and of the globe. These...
Haircare Global Industry Almanac 2013-2022 Summary Global Haircare industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.