Summary The Make-Up market in Japan is forecast to register moderate growth during 2015-2020, which will be primarily driven by ageing population. Face Make-Up is the leading value category, while the Eye Make-Up category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2019. The rising societal pressures to look good at the work place will also drive Male consumers to use Make-Up products.
Key Findings - Of the four categories analyzed, Face Make-Up will be the largest value category, registering a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020
- Older Consumers accounts for majority of Eye Make-Up and Face Make-Up consumption
- The Make-Up market in Japan accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Cosmetics and Toiletries retail sales in 2014
- The use of Rigid Plastics is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020
- Shiseido Company, Limited and Kao Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Personalisation and Novel and Experimental are the two most important trends in the market.
- Rising consumer concerns about environment degradation will lead to an increase in preference for brands that address these concerns
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Lip Make-Up, and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Glass, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Tube, Tray, Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender, age-group, education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Opportunities in the Global Make-Up Sector to 2025
The global make-up sector was valued at US$51.1 billion in 2020 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.60% during 2020-2025 to reach US$64 billion by 2025. Asia-Pacific represented the largest region for the global make-up sector, with...
Opportunities in the Eastern European Make-Up Sector to 2025
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Eastern European make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels,...
Opportunities in the Western European Make-Up Sector to 2025
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western European make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels,...
Opportunities in the Americas Make-Up Sector
Americas was the second largest region with a value share of 34.5% in the global make-up sector in 2020, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.16% during 2020-2025. Face make-up was the largest category accounting for US$5,968.2 (33.8% of the...
Asia-Pacific Make-up Sector to 2025 - Market Size, Growth Analysis, Challenges and Future Outlook
Asia-Pacific was the largest market in the global make-up sector, accounting for a share of 34.7% in 2020 when it registered sales of US$17,734.7 million. Of all the high potential countries...
Philippines Make-up - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025
The Filipino make-up sector was led by the face make-up category in value terms and lip make-up in volume terms in 2020.The eye make-up category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2020-2025.
Japan Make-up - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025
The Japanese make-up sector was led by the face make-up category in value terms, while the eye make-up category is also forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2020-2025.Parapharmacies/drugstores is the leading channel...
34 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Apr 2021
Colour cosmetics were negatively impacted by COVID-19 with double-digit value decline. With many women working from home and going out much less, there was less demand for colour cosmetics. In addition, with people obliged to wear face masks when entering business premises and when outdoors, this also further dampened demand. Mare-up, expect...
United Arab Emirates (UAE) Make-up - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) make-up sector is led by the face make-up category in both value and volume terms in 2020.The face make-up category is also forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth...
Argentina Make-up - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025
The Argentine make-up sector is led by the eye make-up category in value terms in 2020.The nail make-up category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2020-2025.
Direct sellers is the leading channel...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.