Summary The Make-Up market in Japan is forecast to register moderate growth during 2015-2020, which will be primarily driven by ageing population. Face Make-Up is the leading value category, while the Eye Make-Up category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2019. The rising societal pressures to look good at the work place will also drive Male consumers to use Make-Up products.
Key Findings - Of the four categories analyzed, Face Make-Up will be the largest value category, registering a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020
- Older Consumers accounts for majority of Eye Make-Up and Face Make-Up consumption
- The Make-Up market in Japan accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Cosmetics and Toiletries retail sales in 2014
- The use of Rigid Plastics is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020
- Shiseido Company, Limited and Kao Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Personalisation and Novel and Experimental are the two most important trends in the market.
- Rising consumer concerns about environment degradation will lead to an increase in preference for brands that address these concerns
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Lip Make-Up, and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Glass, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Tube, Tray, Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender, age-group, education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Make up Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2013-2022 Summary The G8 Make-up industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the...
Make-Up in Japan Summary Make-Up in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial...
15 pages •
By Global Research & Data Services
• Apr 2018
The report Beauty or Make-Up Product Market in Japan to 2022 offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for beauty or make-up products in Japan. The research includes historical data from 2011 to 2017 and forecasts until 2022 which makes the report an invaluable resource...
Make-Up Remover (Skincare) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Make-Up Remover (Skincare) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Make-Up Remover market in Japan. Make-Up...
Lip Make-Up (Make-Up) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Lip Make-Up (Make-Up) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Lip Make-Up market in Japan. Lip Make-Up - covers...
Nail Make-Up (Make-Up) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Nail Make-Up (Make-Up) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Nail Make-Up market in Japan. Nail Make-Up - cover...