Summary The Suncare sector in France presents a matured market with higher growth opportunities in Self-Tan and After-Sun categories. Sun Protection is the leading category in value terms followed by After-Sun market in 2015. The private label penetration in France Suncare market remains low as consumers trust branded products more for protection against damages caused by sun rays. Wellbeing remains the top motivator in the France Suncare market with increased awareness among the consumers regarding the dangers of ultra violet (UV) rays and infrared radiation on skin causing damages.
Key Findings - Of the three categories analyzed, Self-Tan will be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 2.4% during 2015-2020
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel accounting for more than half of the overall Suncare distribution in France
- Cap closure is forecast to register the fastest growth among packaging closures during 2015-2020
- Beiersdorf AG and Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique are the leading market players in the country
- Convenience and product benefits as advertised are the key influencers for purchasing Suncare products
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in France provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Tube, Bottle, Aerosol, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The French beauty and personal care products market was valued at USD 11,202.58 million in 2020, and it is projected to register a CAGR of 0.87% during the period of 2021-2026. The COVID-19 pandemic has put pressure on the demand and supply balance of France. Disruptions in the supply chain pose a significant challenge, as demand decreases...
140 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Sep 2021
This study focuses on China’s Bath Products market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major producers...
26 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Apr 2021
The pandemic saw a shift within bath and shower away from relaxing and pampering and more towards a greater emphasis on the need for personal hygiene, in particular, the regular washing and disinfecting of hands. This resulted in a further shift away from the mature bar soap towards liquid soap, which experienced a surge in demand with the...
Body Care in France provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2021. This market covers hand, foot and general body care for women and men. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer. It includes mass market and prestige lines but excludes...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Feb 2021
Skin care was growing in Latin America in 2019, driven by healthy performances in the major facial care and body care categories, particularly in Brazil, the region’s biggest market. Hand care was in decline, however, both in Brazil and Latin America as a whole. In 2020, the opposite is true, as hand care sales rise against a backdrop of dried-out...
Suncare BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024
The BRIC Suncare industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
77 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2015
Market analysis of bath and shower products Technavios market research analyst predicts the global bath and shower products market to reach a market value of around USD 15 billion by the end of 2019. The increasing awareness about health and hygiene is the primary driver for the growth of this market. Consumers are being exposed to...
Summary Rising disposable income of the Australian consumers will drive growth opportunities across all the consumer goods markets in Australia including Personal Hygiene market. The Bath and Shower Products category has the highest volume share in the overall Personal Hygiene market in Australia. The busy lifestyles of Australian...
Summary Rising exports and falling oil prices supports steady economic growth in Austria. Soap is the leading value category while, Bath and Shower Products is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020.The Personal Hygiene market in Austria is led by Beiersdorf AG, Unilever PLC and Colgate-Palmolive GmbH. Key...
Gross Domestic Product Per Capita
Consumer Price Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.