Summary The Fish and Seafood market in Hong Kong is led by the Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) category in value and volume terms, as on 2015. Private label products in the Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
Key Findings - Of the six categories analyzed, Dried Fish and Seafood will be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 4.5% during 2015-2020
- The Fish and Seafood market in Hong Kong accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Food retail sales in 2014
- The use of Film Closures is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.6% during 2015-2020
- Private label products had high market penetration of 16.8% in 2015. They compete with brands, which has resulted in private label products gaining market share from brands during 2012-2015.
- Four Seas Mercantile Holdings Ltd and Denis Group are the leading market players in the country
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in Hong Kong provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Food and Drinks Specialists Convenience Stores, and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Tray, and others
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
246 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
China’s demand for Fresh Meat and Seafood has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer...
Reeling them in: Restaurant closures have driven consumers to specialised retailers, benefiting revenue Abstract Seafood Retailers in the UK The industry consists of specialised retailers that sell fish, shellfish and molluscs. This seafood can be sold in a natural chilled state, filleted, smoked, salted,...
Slipped through the net: Wholesale bypass and COVID-19 restrictions have eaten away at revenue Abstract Fish and Seafood Wholesaling in Australia Industry operators primarily purchase fish and seafood from the aquaculture, wild fishing and seafood processing industries. These products may be repackaged...
Fish and Seafood Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The G8 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
Fish and Seafood Global Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary Global Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading...
Surf and turf: Seafood prices and per capita seafood consumption are both expected to increase Abstract Seafood Preparation in the US Though the Seafood Preparation industry has grown over the five years to 2019, several factors prohibited larger gains. The vast appreciation of the US dollar has made...
Troubled waters: Volatile trade conditions have put pressure on industry operations Abstract Seafood Processing in Australia Industry companies process and manufacture fish or other seafood. The industry includes businesses that operate vessels that process, but do not catch fish or other seafood. The...
Off the hook: Free trade agreements will likely support industry revenue growth Abstract Fish & Seafood Wholesaling in Canada The Fish and Seafood Wholesaling industry in Canada has grown over the past five years. Rising health consciousness and per capita disposable income have encouraged Canadians...
Fish and Seafood BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The BRIC Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also...
Fish and Seafood Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The Emerging 5 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains...
Consumer Price Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.