Summary The Fish and Seafood market in Malaysia is forecast to register high growth during 2015-2020 driven by stable economic growth and low inflation rate in the country. Malaysian consumers prefer Fresh Fish and Seafood products that is reflected in Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) being the largest category in volume terms. Fish and Seafood traditionally constitute an important part of the Malaysian diet. However, with growing interest in healthier food habits, manufacturers and suppliers are focusing more on the health aspects of Fish and Seafood in the country such as rich in protein, low in fat, and a natural source of Omega-3. Fish and Seafood products with a halal certification stamp on their labels are seen as more trustworthy or viewed as a genuine product in Malaysia and offers fresh growth opportunities in an otherwise less differentiated Fish and Seafood market.
Key Findings - Among the six categories analyzed, Frozen Fish and Seafood will be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 8.5% during 2015-2020.
- Buying behaviour of consumers is inclined toward value for money products in the Malaysian Fish and Seafood market.
- Fish and Seafood market accounted for more than two-fifth share in the overall Food retail sales in Malaysia.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel with around four-fifth share in the overall Fish and Seafood distribution in Malaysia.
- Experience seeking consumers in Malaysia will drive demand for innovative products in the Fish and Seafood market.
- Wellbeing and Premiumization and Indulgence are the major trends that are driving the Malaysian Fish and Seafood market.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Can-Food, Tray, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Fish and Seafood products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Fish and Seafood products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Reel it in: A growing price of seafood is expected to temper increases in demand Abstract Fishing in the US Overall, the industry has been stable over the five years to 2019, with industry revenue increasing slowly due to an annualized rise in the price of seafood. Additionally, growth in industry revenue...
Dangerous waters: External competition and government-imposed quotas have reeled away revenue Abstract Fishing in Australia Industry operators primarily catch ocean fish and seafood products, including finfish, molluscs, crustaceans, prawns, rock lobsters, oysters, pearls and other seafood products. This...
Fish and Seafood Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The G8 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
Fish and Seafood Global Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary Global Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading...
Fish and Seafood BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The BRIC Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also...
Fish and Seafood Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The Emerging 5 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains...
Reeling them in: Restaurant closures have driven consumers to specialised retailers, benefiting revenue Abstract Seafood Retailers in the UK The industry consists of specialised retailers that sell fish, shellfish and molluscs. This seafood can be sold in a natural chilled state, filleted, smoked, salted,...
Fish and Seafood North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The NAFTA Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
20 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
As the first cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic were registered in Brazil in 2020, the government announced the first social isolation measures in March-April. Such measures had a direct impact on sales of fish in the retail channel, as a significant portion of annual sales, especially for cod, occur over the Easter weekend. Fish...
246 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
China’s demand for Fresh Meat and Seafood has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.