Summary Argentina's retail sector is currently affected by various macro-economic factors. High inflation, low GDP growth, and strict business policies have ruled the country. However, the change of government in December 2015 and quick amendments in various tax and export policies are aimed at delivering long-term benefits in the retail sector. The retail market in Argentina is currently poised for growth as the new government is sending the right signals to the rest of the world. On the other hand, high internet penetration, very high mobile penetration, and rising smartphone sales are expected to fuel the online retail channel. Overall, we expect an optimistic retail environment in the next five years.
Key Findings - Online retail is gaining traction in the country, but is limited to domestic players
- Argentina is an important market for books and sports
- Changes to policies by the new government are expected to boost the retail sector
- The retail market for books in Argentina is large and deep rooted in its culture, unlike other countries
- Food and grocery is the largest category group by retail sales while clothing and footwear will be the fastest-growing category group
Synopsis “Retailing in Argentina- Market Summary and Forecasts, 2015-2020” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Argentina's retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Argentina's retail industry:
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 products across 12 product sectors in Argentina's retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Argentina's retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Summary Canada's retail sector is expected to witness healthy growth over the next five years backed by improving economic conditions, government efforts at boosting domestic consumption, relatively low inflation levels, and increasing disposable income. Rising number of internet users and increasing adoption of mobile devices is...
Summary Canada's retail market for clothing is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% over the next five years, to reach CAD27 billion by the end of 2020. The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales is set to reach 8.11% by 2020, from 8.08% in 2015. Over the forecast period, the per capita spending on clothing is forecast...
Summary Although the development of the Canadian economy is strong, with robust economic integration with the United States, the e-commerce market is still lagging well-behind other developed nations in the world. This can be attributed to customers and their concerns around security, as well as lack of clarity around shipping purchases...
Summary Denmark's retail sector is expected to witness healthy growth over the next five years, backed by improving economic conditions, government efforts for boosting domestic consumption, relatively low inflation levels, and increasing disposable income. The rising number of internet users and increasing adoption of mobile devices...
Summary Indonesia's retail sector is expected to witness healthy growth over the next five years backed by improving economic conditions, government efforts at boosting domestic consumption, relatively low inflation levels, and increasing disposable income. Rising numbers of internet users and increasing adoption of mobile devices...
Summary The e-commerce market is picking up in Argentina but is currently at a nascent stage. However, the scenario is changing as increased internet penetration and high sales of smart phones are driving online sales. Furthermore, a retail friendly policy such as 'Ahora 12', which enables consumer to pay in 12 installments without...
Summary Indonesia's retail market for clothing is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.77% over the next five years, to reach IDR763,436 billion by the end of 2020. The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales will increase from 10.61% in 2015 to 13.44% by 2020. Over the forecast period, per capita spending on clothing is...
Summary Food and grocery the largest product category, accounting for 68.5% of total retail sales in 2015. From ARS870.1 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 16.8% over the forecast period, to reach ARS1, 891 billion by 2020. An increasing number of smaller formats and cheaper product...
Summary The retail market for home and garden products recorded sales of ARS66.9 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to reach ARS150.9 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 17.6% in 2015-2020. Increasing demand for housing, coupled with changing consumer lifestyles to furnish the houses with stylish products is expected to give positive...
Summary With a share of 2.06% in 2015 in the total retail sales, the furniture and floor coverings market is set to witness a CAGR of 16.11% over the forecast period, to reach retail sales of ARS55.3 billion by 2020. The industry furniture and floor coverings market in Argentina is mostly fragmented by independent players. The growth...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.