Summary Food and grocery the largest product category, accounting for 68.5% of total retail sales in 2015. From ARS870.1 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 16.8% over the forecast period, to reach ARS1, 891 billion by 2020. An increasing number of smaller formats and cheaper product offerings from the major retailers such as Jumbo and Carrefour is the major driving factor for food and grocery sales in the country
Key Findings - Per capita expenditure on food and grocery stood at ARS22,042 in 2015, and is expected to rise to ARS41,555 by 2020
- Food and drink specialists command the majority of sales, accounting for 42.5% in 2015
- Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 28.86% during 2015-2020
Synopsis “Food and Grocery Retailing in Argentina - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across Argentina and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Argentina retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC PeerScape reports the direct experience of food and grocery retailers and identifies five best practices that help them compete in the next normal. Food and grocery retailers need to address the current challenges -- such as inefficient checkout systems, out-of-date loyalty programs, limited delivery options, persisting gaps in the...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Sep 2020
Global Grocery retail market in UK 2020-2024 The analyst has been monitoring the grocery retail market in UK and it is poised to grow by $ 43.22 bn during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. Our reports on grocery retail market in UK provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends,...
20 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Sep 2020
This report provides an overview of how leading grocery retail companies responded to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis between April and July 2020. The companies included in this report are Auchan, Casino Guichard-Perrachon, Carrefour, Cencosud, FEMSA, Kroger, Tesco, Walmart and Woolworths. Key strategies employed in this quarter included...
Food & Grocery Retail Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023 Summary Global Food & Grocery Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
142 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Sep 2020
Global Online Grocery Market to Reach US$550.7 Billion by the Year 2027 Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Online Grocery estimated at US$198.5 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$550.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 15.7% over the period 2020-2027. The U.S. Accounts for Over...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Online Pharmacy Market Report The global online pharmacy market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 20% during the period 2019–2025. The global online pharmacy market size is likely to cross revenues of over $131 billion...
United States Online Grocery Market, by Segments (Staple Pantry, Ingredients, Beverages, Personal Care, Fresh Produce, Meat, Fish, deli, Foods for Occasions), Company Analysis & Forecast The United States online grocery market is expected to grow with double-digit CAGR for the year 2020. The primary...
UAE Retail Market, By Type (Non-Food Retail and Food Retail), By Type of Market (Organized and Unorganized), By Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Exclusive Stores, Specialty Stores, Department Stores, General Merchandise Store and Online), By Region (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Rest of UAE), Competition, Forecast &...
This IDC Perspective outlines how grocery retailers should invest in their businesses to become more adaptable and scalable to service the customer better now and into the future. Investments in technology, business process, strategic business model adaptations, and workforce empowerment and flexibility are discussed. Grocery retailers will...
44 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2020
With the decimation of the on-trade, the sudden rise in e-commerce and changes in consumer purchasing priorities, the impact of the Coronavirus crisis on alcoholic drinks distribution is indeed unprecedented. The channel shifts taking place will last far beyond initial lockdowns as the lingering social and economic effects continue to shape...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.