Food and Grocery Retailing in China - Market Summary and Forecasts; Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2020
- May 2016 •
- 80 pages •
- Report ID: 3873764
Food and grocery holds a significant portion (67% in 2015) of overall retail sales in China. Retailers foresee a healthy growth over the next few years, mainly driven by the growth of the affluent middle class and their improving living standards. The food and grocery retailing market in China is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.17%, to reach an estimated value of CNY25,982 billion in 2020. Online spend on food and grocery is projected to grow at a CAGR of 34.03% during 2015-2020.
- Food and grocery is expected to remain the largest in sales value terms during the forecast period, growing at a CAGR of 11.17%
- Despite sluggish economic conditions, retail sector registers a significant growth
- A rising middle class with increased disposable income and altering lifestyles are driving retail demand and retailer's expansion plans in tier lll and tier lV cities will drive further growth
- Online platform will be a key channel for retailing over the next five years
- Food and grocery is dominated by local players in the country
- Online spend on food and grocery is projected to grow at a CAGR of 34.03% during 2015-2020
“Food and Grocery Retailing in China - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across China and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the China retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share