Summary South Africa's Fish and Seafood market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Frozen Fish and Seafood category has the largest volume share in 2015 while the Ambient Fish and Seafood category is projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Rising urbanization levels, and consequently, busier lifestyles will shift the consumer behavior towards more convenient and quick to prepare processed and frozen products. Expanding middle income population will also impact the consumer taste and boost the demand for premium and imported brands.
Key Findings - Fish and Seafood market in South Africa will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015
- Frozen Fish and Seafood category has the largest volume share in the overall Fish and Seafood market
- The Ambient Fish and Seafood category will register fastest growth during 2015-2020
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in South Africa's Food market
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Fish and Seafood market
- The private label penetration in South Africa's Fish and Seafood market remains high
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Tray, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Fish and Seafood products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Fish and Seafood products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
246 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
China’s demand for Fresh Meat and Seafood has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer...
The global seafood market was valued at US$ 158,910.17 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 198,854.86 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2020–2027. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, by 2030, an excess value of 40 million additional tons of seafood, which is an increment of almost...
Fish and Seafood Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The Emerging 5 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains...
The United Arab Emirates fisheries and aquaculture market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2020-2025). The UAE government is focusing on increasing aquaculture projects as it is a viable source for improving the region’s food security which is the major concern in the country. With rapid growth and development...
19 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Feb 2021
With consumer foodservice outlets closed for several weeks as part of measures introduced to limit the spread of COVID-19, foodservice volumes of fish and seafood declined markedly in 2020. Indeed, even when foodservice outlets were able to reopen, restrictions such as the night curfew and the ban on alcohol sales continued to undermine consumers’...
18 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jan 2021
Fish and seafood saw increased sales in 2020. This happened for several reasons. On the one hand, the foodservice sector, which was closed for several weeks, led to Germans buying more in stores. On the other hand, there was also an increase in the number of employees working in the home office. In addition, closed schools meant that many...
Ambient (Canned) Fish and Seafood (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)
Ambient (Canned) Fish and Seafood (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and...
Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)
Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook...
Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)
Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and...
Dried Fish and Seafood (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)
Dried Fish and Seafood (Fish and Seafood) Market in South Africa - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.