Summary The growth of ACB categories was driven mostly by aggressive price promotions in the dairy segment. Favourable weather supported sales of packaged water, particularly still packaged water, and carbonates. Wine market grew up positively in Q1-16 as bag in box and cheap glass formats took share in the off-premise wine channel. Performance of white milk was flat; however, growing competition resulted in more aggressive price promotions, widening the consumer base. Health conscious consumers and a variety of flavours kept the popularity of hot teas going, with positive growth in Q1-16. Packaging and flavour assortment from local players also became more attractive.
Key Findings - Still water took share from carbonated water due to a high volume jump from its major brand. However the carbonated segment is still dominant where two of the leading players recorded modest growth.
- Favourable weather and price promotions created a positive trend in the beer market which had a positive growth in Q1-16.
- Health trends and strong marketing from leading brands were the key driving factors behind the growth in drinking yogurt.
- Growing health trends impacted on hot coffee negatively however this was compensated by recovered Horeca sales.
Synopsis Canadean's Macedonia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our annual Q1 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks with local provenance
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Macedonia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Macedonia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Fizzing out: Health concerns are expected to curb demand for the industry’s products Abstract Soda Production in the US The Soda Production industry produces traditional carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks and various other carbonated flavored beverages. Over the five years to 2019, falling per capita...
The food enzymes market is estimated to be valued at USD 2.2 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 3.1 billion by 2026, recording a CAGR of 6.4%, in terms of value. The increase in urbanization and high disposable income have led to the growth of consumption of diverse range of foods, driving the food enzymes market. It is also witnessed...
Ready to drink: Industry operators will likely experience rising competition from juice and flavored waters Abstract Syrup & Flavoring Production in the US The Syrup and Flavoring Production industry manufactures beverage bases (e.g. concentrates and fountain syrups) and other flavoring syrups. The...
Unhealthy habits: Increased external competition will likely hurt industry revenue Abstract Vending Machine Operators in the US The Vending Machine Operators industry has struggled recently. Over the five years to 2019, revenue is expected to decrease. This decline has been primarily caused by the stagnancy...
Trickle down: Beverages and alternative methods of hydration will likely continue posing significant competition Abstract Bottled Water Production in the US The Bottled Water Production industry expanded over the five years to 2019, despite some difficult conditions. The industry adapted to changing...
The global natural food colorants market was valued at USD 1,625.79 million in 2020, registering a CAGR of 8.47% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the consumers’ desire to know where their food comes from, while food affordability continues as a greater concern among consumers, worldwide. Moreover,...
Life in plastic: Industry growth is likely to be limited due to changing consumer preferences Abstract Plastic Bottle Manufacturing in the US The Plastic Bottle Manufacturing industry manufactures a range of bottles from various plastic compounds based on their end use. These are then sold to beverage,...
Russia Beverages Consumption Trends and Forecasts Tracker, Q1 2021 (Dairy and Soy Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Soft Drinks and Hot Drinks)
Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-21 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date...
Macedonia Beverages Consumption Trends and Forecasts Tracker, Q1 2021 (Dairy and Soy Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Soft Drinks and Hot Drinks)
Macedonia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-21 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date...
Denmark Beverages Consumption Trends and Forecasts Tracker, Q1 2021 (Dairy and Soy Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Soft Drinks and Hot Drinks)
Denmark Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-21 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date...
Gross Domestic Product
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.