Summary Fish and Seafood is a staple food in South Korean diet and the market in will continue to grow at a healthy rate during 2015-2020. Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) is the leading value category in the Fish and Seafood market in 2015 and is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 as South Korean consumers consider fresh and wild-caught Fish and Seafood to be of better quality and taste wise superior. However, with rising concern over safety of locally caught Fish and Seafood products in South Korea after Fukushima nuclear disaster in neighboring Japan, demand for imported products from far-off Russia and Norway will be preferred
Key Findings - Fish and Seafood market in South Korea will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015
- The Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) category has the largest volume share in the overall Fish and Seafood market
- The Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) category will register fastest growth during 2015-2020
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in South Korean Food market
- Rigid Metal is the most commonly used packaging material in the Fish and Seafood market
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Can-Food, Bag/Sachet, Tray, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Fish and Seafood products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Fish and Seafood products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global Batter & breader premixes size is estimated to be valued USD 2.5 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.4 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is attributed to an increasing demand for convenience meat and sea food products. One of the major challenges...
The Asia Pacific seafood market was valued at US 85,832.66 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 107,381.62 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2020- 2027. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood comprises all commercially obtained saltwater and freshwater fish, molluscan shellfish, and...
246 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
China’s demand for Fresh Meat and Seafood has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer...
The batter and breader premixes market in Asia Pacific was valued at US$ 422.24 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 683.56 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2020 to 2027. Increase in investments in research and development for new batter and breader technologies drives the growth of the Asia Pacific...
The batter and breader premixes market in Middle East & Africa was valued at was valued at US$ 239.69 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 363.27 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2020 to 2027. Growing demand for ready-to-cook foods is the critical driver for the Middle East & Africa batter and...
The global seafood market was valued at US$ 158,910.17 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 198,854.86 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2020–2027. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, by 2030, an excess value of 40 million additional tons of seafood, which is an increment of almost...
Fish and Seafood Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The G8 Fish & Seafood industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
The Europe seafood market was valued at US 27,109.4 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 34,401.89 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2020- 2027. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood encompasses all commercially obtained saltwater and freshwater fish, molluscan shellfish, and crustaceans.Rising...
The Middle East and Africa seafood market was valued at US 9,335.80 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 10,738.16 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2020-2027. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood comprises all commercially obtained saltwater and freshwater fish, molluscan shellfish,...
The North America seafood market is expected to reach US$ 29,629.37 million by 2027 from US$ 22,526.38 million in 2019; it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2020-2027. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood encompasses all commercially obtained saltwater and freshwater fish, molluscan shellfish, and crustaceans.Rising...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.