Cigarettes in Sudan
- June 2016 •
- 28 pages •
- Report ID: 4053961 •
- Format: PDF
Cigarette sales have been increasing in recent years, in large part a reflection of the improvement in the economy and partly a reflection of a population growing. Also, the Comprehensive Peace Agreement in 2005 helped local production to expand thus increasing the local supply which helped boost legitimate sales in the last 10 years.
- Historic development in the sector has been adversely affected by civil war which had been on-going since Sudan's independence in 1956
- Non-duty paid sales have recently been a significant feature, especially in the southern part of the country
- Haggar Cigarette and Tobacco Factory (HCTF) and Blue Nile Cigarette Company are the main manufacturers in Sudan-both based in the capital of Sudan, Khartoum
- Tobacco taxes are a major source of income for the Sudanese government and hefty taxes are levied on both domestic and imported brands.
“Cigarettes in Sudan”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Sudan market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Sudan market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future