Summary Boosted by rises in the number of babies being born, consumption of baby food in Russia has risen by 51% since 2009. The market has continued to grow despite the economic crises that have hit Russia. Most parents have been willing to sacrifice their own spending in order to be able to maintain expenditure on baby food. The expansion of modern retailing and the reduction of regionality in distribution are making baby food more widely accessible. Value sales have been buoyant as a result of both rising consumption and an underlying trend for consumers to gradually trade up from low-priced to mid-priced goods, which particularly benefited the top brands of the leading domestic players.
Key Findings - Retail sales of baby food rose by 154% between 2009 and 2015, despite the economic crisis that had beset the country.
- All sectors showed strong growth between 2009 and 2015, with value sales more than doubling across the board. The market for baby meals is well developed and these account for 50% of volume, ahead of milks on 21%.
- Domestic production of dehydrated baby milks is limited, with major technological barriers to entry. By contrast, the domestic industry for cereals, meals, and juices is strong. Imports of milks and cereals rose strongly (+72%) between 2009 and 2014 but fell back sharply in 2015, accounting for 70% of import volume.
- Although there are many local and international competitors in the market, it is relatively concentrated, with the top five - three local companies and two multinationals - accounting for nearly four-fifths of the market in volume terms. The multinationals have a much stronger position in value terms, with Nestlé and Danone together holding 48% of value sales, but only 32% of volume.
Synopsis “Baby Food in Russia” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Russia market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy - Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
South Africa Baby Food, 2021
“South Africa Baby Food, 2021” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the South Africa market.
The number of live births has generally been falling over the past decade, but the period...
245 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2021
China’s demand for Baby Food has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
Argentina Baby Food, 2021 Summary “Argentina Baby Food, 2021” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Argentina market. The number of live births in Argentina has declined steeply over the last five years, resulting in a...
South Korea Baby Food, 2021 Summary South Korea Baby Food, 2021, is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the South Korean market. Government incentives to encourage childbirth have so far proved unable to reverse the birth trend,...
Morocco Baby Food
“Morocco Baby Food” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Morocco market.
Sales of baby food in Morocco have expanded since 2014 - by 32% in terms of retail value - boosted by a relatively...
Tunisia Baby Food
Tunisia Baby Food is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hong Kong market.
Tunisia’s baby food sector is relatively small in terms of total size, however per capita consumption of the baby...
202 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Dec 2020
Algeria was already in an economically and politically fragile state before COVID-19 and now, in 2020, the country faces new challenges. Being highly dependent on oil and gas imports, Algeria is now on economic alert due to a decline in barrel prices in 2020, driven by the impacts of COVID-19. The government-ordered lockdown in order to prevent...
Singapore Baby Food, 2020
“Singapore Baby Food 2020 ” is an analytical report by Global Data which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Singaporean market.
The sector is heavily dominated by milks, partly because consumption levels are...
Colombia Baby Food, 2020
“Colombia Baby Food, 2020 ” is an analytical report by Global Data which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Colombian market.
Milks accounted for 61% of value sales in 2019, down from 64% in 2013.Both wet and...
China Baby Food, 2020
"China Baby Food 2020 ” is an analytical report by Global Data which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Chinese market.
Consumption has increased in all categories except drinks, with the three largest all expanding...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.