Synopsis The report provides a detailed look into the infrastructure sector in India, including analysis of the state of the current infrastructure, the regulatory and financing landscapes and the major projects in the construction pipeline.
The report covers all key infrastructure sectors: roads, railways, electricity and power, water and sewerage, communication, and airports and ports.
Summary India is currently planning to expand its infrastructure spending as set out by the budgets under the government of Narendra Modi. The total value of the infrastructure construction market reached INR11.7 trillion (USD179 billion) in 2015, according to the Infrastructure Intelligence Centre (IIC), up from INR6.9 trillion (USD106 trillion) in 2010. This value is projected to rise to INR18.9 trillion (USD290 billion) by 2020, in nominal value terms. This growth in spending is based on the assumption that a number of projects continue as planned large-scale programs, such as the Nuclear Power Program, which involves the construction of 16 nuclear power reactors in India, and the National Highways Development Program.
Scope - A concise analysis of the administrative, economic and political context for infrastructure in India.
- An in-depth assessment of the current state of infrastructure in India, including roads, railways, electricity and power, water and sewerage, communications, airports and ports.
- A focus on main political and financial institutions involved in the infrastructure market, as well as the competitive and regulatory environment.
- For each infrastructure sector, an explanation of the key drivers of growth in new investment and an analysis of the project pipeline, with a detailed look at the prospects for major projects and the companies that have secured contracts.
Reasons To Buy - Assess the current state of India's infrastructure, and the main drivers of investment, including the key institutions and financing methods.
- Investigate forecasts and gain an understanding of key trends in each of the main infrastructure sectors.
- Analyze the main project participants operating in each sector, to better understand the competitive environment.
- Identify top projects by sector, development stage and start date, to inform your expansion strategy.
Key Highlights - Timetric is currently tracking 958 large-scale infrastructure construction projects in India, at all stages of development from announced to execution. These projects have a total investment value of INR116 trillion (USD1.8 trillion).
- The electricity and power sector accounts for the largest share of the project pipeline, with a total project value of INR52 trillion. This is followed by roads, with a pipeline value of INR26.8 trillion.
- When its current infrastructure is compared to the other BRIC economies (Brazil, Russia, India and China) through the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report, India trails China and Russia for overall quality.
- The 2015-16 budget has a key focus on unblocking the infrastructure pipeline through previously underutilized measures. One important initiative is the reallocation of tax revenue between central and state governments, increasing the states’ allocation by around 10%, thus empowering them to better allocate investment to need.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC Market Perspective looks at the mobility as a service (MaaS) ecosystem including performing a comprehensive analysis of its three main service categories: ride-sharing, car-sharing, and micro-mobility services. This document also provides an overview of MaaS providers, evaluates the challenges for future MaaS growth, identifies notable...
Increasing sales and production of commercial & OHV trucks, increasing railways & high-speed trains will drive the air brake system market. The air brake system market is estimated to be USD 4.5 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 5.6 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.31% during the forecast period. The demand for the air brake...
Project Insight: Global Oil and Gas Construction Projects Summary Global oil consumption is estimated to be 98.2 million barrels (bbl) per day in 2017, and is forecast to reach over 100 million bbl per day by Q3 2018. Oil and Gas production is determined by fluctuating prices, demand and investment....
ASFINAG - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report Summary ASFINAG - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and corporate actions,...
The global green cement market was valued at US$ 15,552.7 Mn in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.3% during the forecast period 2018 - 2025, to account to US$ 42,731.2 Mn by 2025. This research report provides insights into the global green cement market.This report summarizes the results of the assessment carried out by...
Increasing adoption of offshore oil & gas extraction is expected to drive the subsea thermal insulation materials market. The subsea thermal insulation materials market is estimated to be close to USD 77 million in 2018 to reach more than USD 93 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period. The market is driven by various...
Project Insight: Global Stadium and Arena Construction Projects Summary In terms of the project pipeline value, the Americas account for the highest share with US$54.9 billion, equivalent to 41% of the total global value of stadia and arenas projects. Asia-Pacific is in second place, with projects...
74 pages •
By Wright Investors' Service
• Dec 2018
A textual analysis of the financial results for Shenzhen Expressway Company Limited compared to selected competitors. Also included are quantitative analyses of the company's financial statements, extensive ratio analyses and up to 10-year history of sales, earnings, dividends and security pricing. A business description of the company, including...
74 pages •
By Wright Investors' Service
• Nov 2018
A textual analysis of the financial results for Sichuan Expressway Company Limited compared to selected competitors. Also included are quantitative analyses of the company's financial statements, extensive ratio analyses and up to 10-year history of sales, earnings, dividends and security pricing. A business description of the company, including...
Atlantia SpA (ATL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations.The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.