Summary The positive economic climate and consumer confidence contributed to the hike in demand of beer in Philippines. Increasing disposable income of young professionals helped to improve demand for imported brands, especially in on-premise channels. Premium and super premium segments continued to experience better volume improvements compared to the other segments
Key Findings - High strength beer is the most popular in the local market and contributed two-thirds of volume in 2015.
- The no-alcohol segment does not exist in the Philippines beer market and low alcohol brands accounted for less than half a percentage point of market share in 2015.
- The improved availability of imported brands in on-premise channels also helped in increasing the number of options available to local consumers.
Synopsis Canadean's Philippines Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Philippines beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook.
Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Philippines beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Philippines beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Philippines beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Beer in China by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market size for Beer in China is given in CNY...
Beer in Austria by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market size for Beer in Austria is given in...
55 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Oct 2018
Beer in Asia Pacific witnessed a small increase in volume sales in 2017. Prices of beer in the top two countries - China and Japan - shot up during 2017 leading to a decline in volume sales. Southeast Asian countries saw a significant increase in beer sales due to burgeoning young populations, changing preferences from spirits to beer, rapid...
Crafty business: Globalisation has risen as multinationals have strengthened their presence Abstract Craft Beer Production in Australia Industry operators produce craft beer. Industry players include independent brewers and large multinational companies that brew craft beer. Contract or gypsy brewers...
Key Trends in Alcoholic Beverages: Powerful changes shaping the wine, beer, spirits and alcohol-free beverages industry Summary The alcoholic beverage industry is undergoing some significant changes at present and whilst there are some good opportunities for growth and innovation developing, there...
Abstract Beer Production in China Businesses in the Beer Production industry manufacture fresh, carbonated beer products with a relatively low degree of alcohol (2.5% to 7.5%). The beer is packaged in kegs for sale to pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels. Beer can also be packaged in cans and bottles for sale...