Summary The Cigarettes market had witnessed growth in the recent years after the government changed the tax system to raise revenue. In 2014, Cigarette sales were up more than 80% on 1990 levels. The market is entirely supplied through imports, originating mainly from either Honduras or Guatemala (in 2013, Costa Rica, following PMI's closure of its Guatemala factory) and, to a lesser extent, Panama, Mexico, and Chile.
Key Findings - Unlike Cigarette sales, per capita consumption levels have risen more moderately, 14.4% above 1990 levels
- BATCA took over 80% of the market in 2014 whilst the second dominating player, PMI, took less than 20%
- A combination of tighter restrictions on smoking, rising prices, and growing non-duty paid sales are all likely to dent duty paid sales over the coming decade.
Synopsis “Cigarettes in Nicaragua”, is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Nicaraguan market. What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy - Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Nicaraguan market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
113 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2018
About this market Growing influence of online retailing to drive growth in the market. With the growth of e-commerce businesses worldwide, the vendors have the potential to enhance their profitability. Consumers prefer online shopping and pay for their orders using credit or debit card, which saves time and avoid long queues....
118 pages •
By International Market Analysis Research and Consult
• Feb 2019
The global cigarette market was worth US$ 888 Billion in 2018. The market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 1,124 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of nearly 4% during 2019-2024. Cigarettes represent one of the most popular tobacco products being consumed across the world. They are a small cigar made of...
Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2018 Summary "Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Lebanese market. The report offers market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based...
Tobacco Global Industry Almanac 2013-2022 Summary Global Tobacco industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
Tobacco Products Manufacturing (Including Cigarettes, Cigars, e-Cigarettes and Vaporizers) Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2025, NAIC 312230 Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will...
Cigarettes in Syria, 2018 Summary "Cigarettes in Syria, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Syrian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon...
Cigarettes in Algeria, 2018 Summary "Cigarettes in Algeria, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Algerian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based...
22 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jan 2019
In the latest in an ongoing series of quarterly briefings looking at major (and some minor) developments in the world of tobacco, we assess the latest performance of the major multinationals, important cannabis and NPD/NGP updates, further M&A activities from Altria, the reviewed economic growth projections for the world’s key markets and...
242 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Jan 2019
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cigars in Thousand Sticks. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis...
Cigarettes in Russia, 2018 Summary "Cigarettes in Russia, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Russia. Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.