Nanodiamonds (NDs), also called detonation diamonds (DND) or ultradispersed diamonds (UDD) are fine particles of diamond with a particle diameter of 4 to 6 nanometers, and are composite composed of diamond core, amorphous carbon layer, sp2 carbon layer (graphene and graphite), and oxygen functional group. Due to each component and their interaction, they exhibit completely different properties from general diamond. NDs are one of the most thermally conductive and hardest materials known.
NDs are relatively easy and inexpensive to produce, and have moved towards large-scale commercialization due to their excellent mechanical, optical and thermal properties, high surface areas and tunable surface structures and chemical stability. They are also biocompatible and non-toxic, making them suitable for application in biomedicine.
Properties that are desirable for industrial application in areas such as polishing, coatings, lubricants and catalysts include:
- inherent fluorescence
- small primary particle size (? 4 to 5 nm) with narrow size distribution
- cores are believed to hold high crystallinity and chemical inertness of bulk diamond
- highest thermal conductivity: 2000 W/m-?
- lowest specific heat capacity: 6.115 J/m-?
- very high mechanical hardness and wear resistance
- highest sound propagation velocity
- low thermal resistance: 0.25°C-cm²/W
- high electrical resistivity: 10¹³ ?-cm
- chemical and radiation resistance
- high biocompatibility and non-cytotoxity
- ease of surface functionalization.
- graphene-like sp2 surface structure.
Applications are coming to the fore in:
- MRI contrast agents
- Drug & gene delivery
- Polishing slurries
- Flexible C-UNCD field emitters
- Polymer composites
- Anti-friction & wear coatings
- Medical implants (sensors)
- Thermal compounds (pastes) for electronics
- Quantum devices
Report contents include:
- Assessment of economic prospects of the market for nanodiamonds based on Future Markets assessment tools and nanosilver company inputs
- Main applications for nanodiamonds
- Demand for nanodiamonds by market
- Commercialization timeline
- Production volumes globally, in metric tons
- Production by region
- Company profiles of nanodiamonds producers and application developers. 17 company profiles including Adamas Nanotechnologies, Inc., Bikanta, Inc., Carbodeon Ltd Oy, Daicel Corporation, FND Biotech, NanoDiamond Products Limited and Ray-Techniques Ltd.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Nanocomposites Market Research Report by Product (Carbon Nanotubes, Ceramics, Metal & Metal Oxides, and Nanoclay), by Application (Automotive, Aviation, Construction & Infrastructure, Electronics & Semiconductor, and Energy) - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 Market Statistics: The report provides...
Microplate Readers Market Research Report by Technology (Biologic Targeting, Microfluidics, Nanotechnology, Protein Engineering, and Supramolecular Chemistry), by Mode (Multimode and Single Mode), by Application, by End User - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 Market Statistics: The report provides...
Polymer Nanocomposite Market Research Report by Polymer (Epoxy Resin, Polyamide, Polyethylene, and Polypropylene), by Nanomaterials (Carbon Nanotube, Metal Oxide, Nanoclays, and Nanofiber), by End User - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 Market Statistics: The report provides market sizing and...
Bioelectronics Market Research Report by Type (Bio-Electronic Devices and Bio-Electronic Medicine), by Product (Electrochemical Biosensors, Optical Sensors, Piezoelectric Biosensors, and Thermal Biosensors), by Applications - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 Market Statistics: The report provides...
Biosensors Market Research Report by Type (Embedded Device and Sensor Patch), by Product (Nonwearable Biosensors and Wearable Biosensors), by Technology, by Industry - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 Market Statistics: The report provides market sizing and forecast across five major currencies...
Report Scope: The definition of nanorobots excludes microbes whose metabolic processes are used to manufacture various biofuels, enzymes, specialty and industrial chemicals, and bioplastics, as well as in pollution mitigation and hazardous waste disposal.Nanorobots potentially include both electromechanical devices and...
Global Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food Market to Reach $14.12 Billion by 2025 Market Report Coverage - Synthetic Biology in Agriculture and Food Market Segmentation • Industry – Food Industry and Agriculture Industry • Agriculture Industry Applications- Crop Yield Management,...
The global microfluidic devices market is projected to reach US$ 22.65 Billion by 2026. Microfluidics is the technology that deals with the flow of liquids through microscopic channels such as chips, nozzles, and pumps. Microfluidics allow high-throughput screening and experimentation that revolve around a series of techniques. The technology...
The global biophotonics market grew at a CAGR of around 11% during 2014-2019. Biophotonics refers to a multidisciplinary research field that uses light-based technologies to study life sciences and medicine. It involves the production and utilization of a light source to detect and manipulate biological materials. Techniques...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Jan 2021
Global Polymer Fillers Market 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the polymer fillers market and it is poised to grow by $ 11.70 bn during 2021-2025 progressing at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. Our report on polymer fillers market provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends, growth drivers,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.