Summary ’The telecom market in Venezuela is expected to grow at a CAGR of 77.4% (in local currency terms) during 2016-2021, owing to increasing uptake of mobile data services. Rising inflation and difficult operating conditions in the country will cause private consumption and investments to fall. Going forward, the devaluation of the local currency and poor economic conditions will continue to drag the telecom market in Venezuela, thereby impacting the investments.
Key Findings - The overall telecom service revenue in Venezuela is estimated to generate $9.3bn in 2016 and is estimated to witness a negative CAGR of -23.6% during 2016-2021.
- The top three operators, Cantv/Movilnet and Movistar, which provide fixed and mobile and pay-TV services and mobile-only operator-Digitel, will together control 94.4% of telecom market in Venezuela in 2016. However, the telecom market will be highly impacted by the poor economic conditions and foreign exchange controls limiting the operator’s investments on network infrastructure and upgrades.
- The adoption of 4G services will be slow due to operator’s failure in procuring network equipment, resulting in a penetration rate of 2.8% by the end of 2016, the lowest among the region. Movilnet is expected to launch commercial 4G services by the end-2016 followed by its current LTE field trials in urban centers.
Synopsis “Venezuela: Deteriorating Private Consumption and Foreign Exchange Controls Negatively Impact Telecom Sector Prospects” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Venezuela today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Venezuela’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Venezuela in a regional context: a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Venezuela.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers’ performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Venezuela’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy - This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Venezuela’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Venezuela.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Venezuelan market to operators, vendors and investors.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global 5G security market size is projected to grow from USD 580 million in 2020 to USD 5,226 million by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 44.3% during the forecast period. The 5G security market is gaining traction due to rising security concerns in the 5G networks, increasing ransomware attacks on IoT devices, rising attacks...
167 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Mar 2021
South Pacific Islands benefiting from improved international telecoms infrastructure The demand for data-based services in the Pacific region is growing, aligning with similar trends around the world. In particular, the demand for mobile broadband is increasing due to mobile services being the primary and most...
The global 5G IoT market size is projected to grow from USD 2.6 billion in 2021 to USD 40.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 73.0% during the forecast period. The growth of this market can be attributed to the growing demand for new emerging use cases, such as smart grid, telemedicine, connected cars, and industrial...
Honduras Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Honduras Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Honduras today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to...
The 5G enterprise market is expected to grow from USD 2.1 billion in 2021 to USD 10.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 31.8%. A few major factors driving the growth of this market are the emergence of Industry 4.0 paving the way for mMTC, the development of smart infrastructure, and the delivery of differentiated 5G services using network slicing...
The 5G connections market has been growing at a CAGR of 28% during the forecast period (2021-2026). 5G will transform the future, and companies have already spent billions to set up their networks and to fund new technologies that can use it. Some companies like T-Mobile are claiming to have successfully managed to pull off 5G on the old 4G...
The global 5G Services market size is expected to grow from USD 53.0 billion in 2020 to USD 249.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 29.4% during the forecast period. The transformation to the 5G ecosystem is expected to witness 3–4 times faster growth rate than other connectivity transformations. This is primarily...
The gaming industry is expected to register a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The most recent trend is the growing availability and popularity of multi-functional gaming console, which is emerging in the market and helping in growing the market of video games in the region. - The African region is one of the regions...
The small cell networks market was valued at USD 3.34 billion in 2020; it is expected to reach USD 10.96 billion by 2026 and witness a CAGR of 26.82% over the forecast period from 2021 - 2026. The rapidly growing number of IoT devices and the capability of a small cell network to offer direct connectivity among those devices is increasing...
The global virtualized evolved packet core (vepc) market size is expected to grow from USD 3.9 billion in 2020 to USD 13.7 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.8% during the forecast period. The vEPC market is gaining traction due to the evolution of cellular network technology, which has offered higher data speeds...
Mobile Data Traffic
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.