Summary The bedroom furniture market grew by 2.3% in 2015, representing a robust furniture category within the overall Homewares market. The purchasing of bedroom furniture is generally replacement driven, with 62% of consumers looking to replace an old, broken, or ineffective product.
Key Findings - Strong price competitiveness has sparked consumer interest in Bedroom Furniture products. This has been driven by the entry of new retailers, as well as innovative product development in some categories. Innovation, particularly in mattresses, continues to introduce an important quality differential to this market, encouraging consumers to trade up, which drives market growth.
- A number of sub-categories have fallen out of fashion in addition to not meeting practical demands. For example, dressing tables take up valuable space and are increasingly seen as old fashioned. This will see annual sales decline in this sub-category, with marginal growth of 0.4% largely being driven by inflation.
- Bedroom furniture is becoming increasingly linked to intangible lifestyle themes, the utilization of which has been key to driving sales at retailers where share is growing. Marketing is increasingly focused on the benefits of products for consumer wellbeing, linking together bedroom environments, sleep and health. This has energized consumer engagement in product categories such as mattresses, and wider markets such as textiles and accessories.
Synopsis Bedroom Furniture 2015 provides expert insight into the bedroom furniture market, with value and volume forecasts to 2020. The report provides quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analyzing key trends based Verdict Retail's consumer data.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key issues and strategies for success within the bedroom furniture market in the UK
- Market size and forecast: a look at the total market size and forecast size for the bedroom furniture market in the UK
- Retailer profiles: a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks
- Consumer data: a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying bedroom furniture products
Reasons To Buy - This Home Retail Research report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the bedroom furniture market based on insights from Verdict's bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation-ready material.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers understand the opportunities within the bedroom furniture market.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Shopping spree: Supercenters and e-commerce are expected to continue stealing business from the industry Abstract Department Stores in the US The Department Stores industry has continued its long-term decline over the five years to 2019. While rising competition from e-commerce has accelerated declines,...
Home furnishings and fashion retailer Laura Ashley has announced the closure of a further 40 stores in the UK. Faced with the challenging retail environment on the British high street, Laura Ashley has chosen to cut its losses and focus on its most profitable stores. However, the company intends to expand the size of its remaining stores –...
Low, low prices: Intense internal and external competition has inhibited industry revenue growth Abstract Discount Department Stores The Discount Department Stores industry has struggled during the five-year period due to declining demand and intense competition, with revenue declining over the...
Home retailing in Colombia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021 Summary "Home retailing in Colombia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Colombia...
Disheartened departments: The increased prevalence of online retailers will cause revenue to contract Abstract Department Stores in California Over the five years to 2017, the Department Stores industry in California has declined. The industry’s decline is primarily the result of two...
Off the rack: Continued online retail growth is forecast to contribute to industry declines Abstract Department Stores in Illinois The Department Stores industry has continued its long-term decline over the five years to 2017, with revenue expected to fall over the period. The cause...
Everything must go: The popularity of online shopping will continue to hinder industry margins Abstract Department Stores in Texas The Department Stores industry in Texas has continued its long-term decline over the five years to 2017. The cause of the industry’s decline is twofold:...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.