Summary New Zealand's Meat market is forecast to register high growth rate during 2015-2020 owing to high income levels of the consumers and low inflation rate in the country. The market is being led by the Fresh Meat (Counter) category while 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts' and Cooked Meats - Counter categories are forecast to register fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the country. Tegel Foods Ltd and Inghams Enterprises Pty Limited are the leading players in New Zealand's Meat market.
Key Findings - The Meat market in New Zealand is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% in value terms during 2015-2020.
- The Fresh Meat (Counter) category has the highest volume share in the overall Meat market.
- The Cooked Meats - Counter category is the smallest value category.
- The 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts' category is expected to register maximum gain in market share during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in New Zealand's Meat market.
- Tegel is the leading brand in the 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed' category.
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Meat market in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Box, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
According to MarketsandMarkets, the meat substitutes market is estimated to be valued at USD 1.9 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 4.0 billion by 2027, recording a CAGR of 13.5%, in terms of value. The market is primarily driven by factors such as increasing health-consciousness among consumers and rise in consumption of plant-based...
The global plant-based meat market reached a value of US$ 8.6 Billion in 2020. Plant-based meat refers to a meat-like, vegan alternative that resembles meat products in color, texture, appearance, and flavor. Generally, it is produced by mixing plant protein isolates, starch, vegetable extracts, edible oils, and various other seasonings. These...
Frozen meat: The COVID-19 outbreak severely reduces demand from food-service establishments Abstract Meat, Poultry and Smallgoods Wholesaling in New Zealand Industry operators primarily wholesale fresh or frozen meat, bacon, ham, smallgoods, poultry or rabbit meat. Businesses generally purchase meat,...
Delicate balance: Premium goods have supported revenue, despite profit falling due to strong competition Abstract Delicatessens in Australia Industry firms retail specialty meats, cheeses, bread and other products, which are often sold by weight. The industry excludes sales of deli-style products at...
Funding boost: Business rates relief for wholesalers is likely to prop up profit in 2021-22 Abstract Meat Wholesaling in the UK Operators in the Meat Wholesaling industry wholesale fresh and frozen meat and meat products. Businesses in this industry generally purchase meat from slaughterhouses and sell...
Prime cut: Increasing consumer spending is expected to help boost industry revenue growth Abstract Meat Markets in the US The Meat Markets industry retails a variety of fresh, frozen and cured meat primarily to households, as well as other downstream markets. In recent years, competition from traditional...
Abstract Meat Processing in China The Meat Processing industry produces sausages; cured, smoked, dried and other meats; and specialty meat products from livestock and poultry. The industry also processes the by-products of livestock and poultry, such as lard from pig fat, sausage casings from intestines and...
Beefing up: Per capita beef consumption is anticipated to drop amid a forecast stagnation in per capita pork consumption Abstract Beef & Pork Wholesaling in Canada Over the five years to 2019, the Beef and Pork Wholesaling industry in Canada has demonstrated strong growth. As consumer spending has increased...
21 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Coronavirus (COVID-19) had a severe impact on macroeconomic and demographic indicators in the country, with rising unemployment rates, reduced purchasing power and greater informality in the labour market. With more consumers working and studying from home because of long-term social isolation measures, it was expected that home seclusion...
Trimming the fat: Wholesale bypass and increasing health consciousness have limited industry revenue Abstract Meat, Poultry and Smallgoods Wholesaling in Australia Industry operators primarily purchase and sell fresh or frozen meat, bacon, ham, smallgoods, poultry and rabbit meat. Businesses generally...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.