Summary In 2016, Turkey will be one of the largest markets in the AME region. Going forward, the growth in the telecom market is expected to be driven by increasing adoption of fixed and mobile broadband services, backed by operators' investments in 4G and fiber expansion. IoT/M2M and HD video streaming to provide new revenue streams.
Key Findings - The overall telecom service revenue in Turkey is estimated to increase by 3.6% over 2016-2021, to reach $11.6bn in 2021. Mobile data and fixed broadband will drive the growth in overall telecom service revenue over the 2016-2021 period.
- Mobile data will be an important driver of revenue growth, owing to an increase in the adoption of 4.5G services along with wider availability of 4G-compatible devices.
- Turk Telekom will be the leading operator followed by Turkcell and Vodafone in 2016. Operators will continue to invest in fixed and mobile networks focusing on network expansion to roll out next-generation technologies to stay competitive.
Synopsis Turkey: Demand for Data, Operator Investments in 4G and Fixed Infrastructure to Drive Future Revenue Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Turkey compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Turkey.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Turkey's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy - This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Turkey's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Turkey's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Turkey's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Turkey.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC study presents IDC Canada's five-year forecasts for communications services spending by market and customer segments, company size, industry sector, and region for 2020-2024 based on the annual update of IDC Canada's custom Communications Market Model and replaces our previous comprehensive spring and fall 2019 forecasts (see Lawrence...
New Ways with Bundles: From FMS to Convergence 2.0 Summary New Ways with Bundles: From FMS to Convergence 2.0, a new Global Outlook Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telco fixed-mobile bundling and convergence market. It delivers deep qualitative insights into how telcos are adapting...
This IDC Market Perspective looks at the impact of OTT services in Sub-Saharan Africa. It examines the strategies telcos in the region are pursuing to address their shrinking revenues and the burgeoning uptake of OTT services, and it provides recommendations on how telcos can best tackle the threats posed by OTT players."Telcos should proactively...
163 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Apr 2020
For those seeking high level strategic information and objective analysis on this region, this report is essential reading and gives further information on: · Forecast growth in select telecommunication markets. · The emerging trends and convergence in Canadian voice, broadband...
182 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Apr 2020
Argentina has an advanced telecom infrastructure though considerable investment is still required to update services in rural areas. To meet pent up demand for telecom services the government has embarked on a large-scale National Broadband Plan. By late 2019 the ARS4.53 billion program to extend broadband services...
This IDC study presents a forecast of residential multichannel pay TV subscribers in the United States through 2024. Forecast segmentation reflects the three major market segments: cable, satellite, and telco TV services."IDC believes that the U.S. cable, satellite, and telco TV providers will continue to experience subscriber erosion during...
The global Over the Top (OTT) market is currently witnessing strong growth. The OTT refers to the media service that facilitates the delivery of audio, video and digital media content over the internet. This content gets transmitted over various electronic devices, such as smartphones, smart televisions and other connected...
Two-thirds of the world’s pay TV operators will gain subscribers between 2019 and 2025. Covering 502 operators across 135 countries, the Global Pay TV Operator Forecasts report estimates that 59% will also increase their revenues over the same period. The top 50 operators accounted for 46% of the world’s pay TV subscribers...
This IDC study provides an analysis of the U.S. multichannel pay TV services market shares for 1Q20."The total market size for U.S. multichannel pay TV across cable, satellite, and telco TV services for residential and business segments is now just over 83 million subscriptions. The decline of over 2.1 million subscriptions in 1Q20, amid COVID-19-related...
Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Australia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.