Summary Food & Grocery Retail in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2018 exchange rates.
- The European food & grocery retail market had total revenues of $2,061.5bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% between 2014 and 2018.
- The Food segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $1,446.0bn, equivalent to 70.1% of the market’s overall value.
- In 2018, organic retail sales in Europe reached a value of EUR 40.73bn ($47.9bn) an increase of 7.8% in comparison to 2017.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Europe food & grocery retail market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Europe food & grocery retail market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe’s food & grocery retail market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Europe vertical farming crops market is expected to grow from US$ 89.72 million in 2019 to US$ 520.88 million by 2027; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 24.7% from 2020 to 2027. Vertical farming is the production of plants grown in vertical layers or, stacked horizontal, or in three-dimensional configurations. Most of the commercial...
The North America vertical farming crops market is expected to grow from US$ 88.52 million in 2019 to US$ 250.23 million by 2027; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 13.9% from 2020 to 2027 Vertical farming is the production of plants grown in vertical layers or, stacked horizontal, or in three-dimensional configurations. Most of the commercial...
Organic growth: Persisting tough operating conditions are expected to slow industry growth. Abstract Organic Crop Farming Over the five years to 2018, the Organic Crop Farming industry in the United States has exhibited strong revenue gains.Rising popularity of organic produce has pushed up demand...
The vertical farming crops market was valued at US$ 239.90 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 1,021.33 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.0% from 2019 to 2027. Vertical farming is mainly the production of plants grown in vertical layers, stacked horizontal, or other three-dimensional configurations.Most...
Back to market: As many industry players resume their operations, industry revenue is expected to grow Abstract Fruit & Vegetable Markets in the US Operators in the Fruit and Vegetable Markets industry tend to be small, local vendors that sell fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy and various frozen products...
Snack attack: An improving economy is expected to expand discretionary spending on industry services Abstract Coffee & Snack Shops in Canada The Coffee and Snack Shops industry in Canada has grown strongly over the five years to 2019, driven by the expansion of major coffee retailers Consumer spending...
Top 50 Global Food and Drinks Specialists Retailers Sales, Market Share, Positioning and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Summary This brief lists the Top 50 Food and Drinks Specialists Retailers by sales in 2020, which includes sales tax, per calendar year, making the data and market shares comparable. Scope -...
44 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2021
Retailers’ constant experimentation with new concepts and formats helps lay the groundwork for the industry’s future. For this reason, the analyst profiles the most innovative concepts in retailing each year. While today some of the winning concepts over the past five years represent the future of retail, others have inevitably failed. This...
Coming up dry: The COVID-19 pandemic has offset strong demand from export markets Abstract Agribusiness in Australia The Agribusiness sector includes businesses that are directly engaged in, or directly benefit from, agricultural activities. All businesses in this sector produce agricultural commodities,...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Feb 2021
This report is a global overview of the fresh food industry, examining and comparing the performance of fresh food categories across regions and markets. It explores 5-year forecasts for each category and identifies five key trends driving major developments, including in-depth analysis of the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic...
Business Confidence Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.