Department Stores Retailing in the Americas,2015-2020
- November 2016 •
- 37 pages •
- Report ID: 4389502
Department stores retail market in the Americas is expected to return to growth during 2015-2020, after experiencing a decline in historic period. The US dominates the market, representing 78.0% of the regional department stores retail in 2015. However, it will virtually remain flat in terns of growth during 2015-2020, affected by shifting consumer preference to other channels and rising demand for discounted and value clothing. Brazil will become the second-largest market by replacing Canada. Other Latin American markets, Peru, Chile, Mexico and Colombia, will grow at a faster pace, resulting in a value addition of slightly over US$7 billion.
- The US will continue to be the largest market, but will register very slow growth
- Canada is the second-largest market in 2015. While, Brazil will overtake Canada to become the second-largest market by 2020
- Majority of the department stores in the US are retrenching their full-store operations and launching off-price formats
- Latin America department stores retail market forecast to record modest growth during 2015-2020
- Venezuela will witness drastic downfall in growth rate by 2020
- Provides a comprehensive view of the department stores retail landscape in the Americas, including current market sizes and category forecasts to 2020; highlights the fastest growing markets and category groups
- Details market size and category forecasts for the region and countries, features major retailers, key innovative retailers, and department store retail trends
- The report covers nine countries in the Americas
Reasons To Buy
- The report provides an essential overview of the department stores retail market in the Americas, highlighting the largest and fastest growing markets.
- Provides analysis of the latest trends, market dynamics (covering 10 category groups) and key innovations in retail space in major countries across the region
- Identify the largest and fastest growing categories in major countries across the region
- Benefit from a detailed analysis of key trends influencing the department store retail market.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, with analysis of key players across the region.