Department Stores Retailing in the Americas,2015-2020
- November 2016
- 37 pages
Department stores retail market in the Americas is expected to return to growth during 2015-2020, after experiencing a decline in historic period. The US dominates the market, representing 78.0% of the regional department stores retail in 2015. However, it will virtually remain flat in terns of growth during 2015-2020, affected by shifting consumer preference to other channels and rising demand for discounted and value clothing. Brazil will become the second-largest market by replacing Canada. Other Latin American markets, Peru, Chile, Mexico and Colombia, will grow at a faster pace, resulting in a value addition of slightly over US$7 billion.
- The US will continue to be the largest market, but will register very slow growth
- Canada is the second-largest market in 2015. While, Brazil will overtake Canada to become the second-largest market by 2020
- Majority of the department stores in the US are retrenching their full-store operations and launching off-price formats
- Latin America department stores retail market forecast to record modest growth during 2015-2020
- Venezuela will witness drastic downfall in growth rate by 2020
- Provides a comprehensive view of the department stores retail landscape in the Americas, including current market sizes and category forecasts to 2020; highlights the fastest growing markets and category groups
- Details market size and category forecasts for the region and countries, features major retailers, key innovative retailers, and department store retail trends
- The report covers nine countries in the Americas
Reasons To Buy
- The report provides an essential overview of the department stores retail market in the Americas, highlighting the largest and fastest growing markets.
- Provides analysis of the latest trends, market dynamics (covering 10 category groups) and key innovations in retail space in major countries across the region
- Identify the largest and fastest growing categories in major countries across the region
- Benefit from a detailed analysis of key trends influencing the department store retail market.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, with analysis of key players across the region.
Executive Summary - Global Department Stores Retailing 2015-2020
Department Stores Retailing in the Americas, 2015-2020
Executive Summary - The Americas
Department stores sales in the Americas
Department store sales in each market
Department stores' share of retail sales
Fastest growing markets in the Americas
Top three largest and fastest growing category groups
Largest and fastest growing category groups for department stores in the Americas
Top five countries leading the growth of category groups
Department stores trends in the Americas
Major department store retailers in the Americas
Innovative retailers in the Americas