Global Automated Guided Vehicle Market: Analysis & Forecast, 2016-2022 (Focus on Major Vehicle Types, Guidance Technologies, Applications & Industries)
- February 2017 •
- 151 pages •
- Report ID: 4752105
Automated guided vehicles are part of the industrial robotics technology, used for factory automation. They come in different shapes, sizes and with varying payload capacity, ferrying materials, lifting goods and sorting within the factory workplace. Material handling has been both time consuming and a labor intensive task that has led to a number of concerns.
In addition to that, with global economy getting more competitive, both emerging and established businesses struggle to stay afloat, providing quality goods to their consumers and having a substantial share in the global market. Hence, to automate different material tasks in a factory AGV becomes a necessary prerequisite. Therefore, their demand is high across Europe and North American region, while the Asian countries are rapidly incorporating automated guided vehicles into their manufacturing facilities to keep an edge in the global market.
The report titled “Global Automated Guided Vehicle Market” provides an in-depth analysis of the key development strategies and market dynamics which includes drivers, restraints and opportunities prevailing in the automated guided vehicle market. Key industry standards have also been considered in the report. Value chain analysis and product mapping analysis has been done for a deeper understanding of the nature of competition prevailing in the market.
- This report identifies the global automated guided vehicle market in different segments such as type of vehicle, guidance technology, application, industry and geography. The market size of the sub segments of the above mentioned divisions is also included in the report.
- The study includes the market analysis and forecast of global automated guided vehicle market from 2016 to 2022 in terms of value and volume. The report also highlights the year-on-year growth of the market
- It also presents a detailed examination of automated guided vehicle market along the lines of market drivers, restraints and growth opportunities.
- A detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the key market developments & strategies followed by the key players in the market.
- Global automated guided vehicle market analysis and forecast with respect to different types of vehicles includes tow vehicle, load transfer, forklift, pallet trucks, assembly line vehicles and others.
- Global automated guided vehicle market analysis and forecast with respect to different types of guidance technologies includes traditional guidance, laser guidance, natural features guidance and vision guidance.
- Global automated guided vehicle market analysis and forecast with respect to various industries includes electrical and electronics, automotive, food and beverage, plastics and polymer, logistics and distribution, pharmaceuticals and others.
- Global automated guided vehicle market analysis and forecast with respect to applications includes transportation, distribution, end of line transport, roll handling and others
- Automated guided vehicle market has been analyzed for all geographies including North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific and Rest of world (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa) with further analysis with respect to several major countries
- The key market players are analyzed and profiled in detail in the report. This section covers the business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, and finally, the individual SWOT analysis.
Automated guided vehicles have been used across different industries for material handling purposes, over the last three decades and have brought revolution in many market economies. Generally agv handles different materials and in-process goods in a factory or warehouse and move them to the desired location. The concept of automated guided vehicles originated from the industrial automation technology with an attempt to use dexterity and precision of industrial robots as a way to complement human cognitive ability and enhance productivity across the production facilities.
Automated guided vehicles are increasingly used across new industries like electrical and electronics, aerospace and defense manufacturing, with their adoption being an evolving phenomenon. Factors such as the rising labor cost and demographic decline in developed regions like Europe, have compelled businesses to increasingly rely automation for their sustenance. Therefore, the global automated guided vehicle market is estimated to reach $3,320.41 million in the forecast period.
The global automated guided vehicle market is segmented based on different vehicles, guidance technologies, industries, applications and demand across different geographies. Automated guided vehicles have their utility across different industries viz. electrical and electronics, automotive, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, plastics and polymer, and logistics and distribution. While the automotive sector has been an active user of automated guided vehicles, new industries like electrical and electronics and logistics are opening up to the technology.
Automated guided vehicles based on guided technologies like vision based guidance and natural feature based guidance can be deployed across multiple production facilities without any hassle. Hence, based on its use for different applications, the automated guided vehicle market has been segmented into transportation, end of line transport, roll handling, distribution and others.
The demand for automated guided vehicles are gradually increasing across both the developed and developing economies. The global automated vehicles market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of The World (Latin America, Middle East and Africa.) As of 2015, Europe was the largest market for automated guided vehicles followed by North America and Asia Pacific. However, this trend is set to change by 2022 as the demand from Asian countries is set to increase.