4G Commercialization Strategies in Europe: Telcos focus on large data bundles and converged offerings to monetize 4G indirectly
Summary Availability and penetration of 4G mobile services are disparately distributed among the Western Europe (WE) and the Central Eastern Europe (CEE). For instance where Western European countries such as Denmark and the Netherlands boast high 4G penetration, Ukraine is yet to see commercial launch of 4G. GlobalData expects that 4G will be the fastest growing mobile technology in the region with an expected CAGR of 20.8% over 2016-21. Though demand of 4G is surging on account of growing usage of music and video streaming services, deployments of M2M/IoT, proliferation of connected devices and introduction of Smart cities, however, operators are facing challenges like shortage of spectrum, high cost of deployment and regulatory conditions. This has led to governments to look for refarming of spectrum to ensure optimal use. France and Germany already have authorized use of 700MHz band for mobile data, which was earlier used for broadcasting for wireless broadband. Operators in Europe have been selecting a variety of commercialization strategies taking into account client segmentation, competitors’ pricing strategies, promotional campaigns along with optimal use of distribution networks.
‘4G Commercial Strategies in Europe: Telcos focus on large data bundles and converged offerings to monetize 4G indirectly’, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData offers a thorough study of the 4G commercialization strategies of mobile operators in the European region. The report analyses the strategies pertaining to - products, pricing, promotion and distribution.
The report consists of the following sections -
- Introduction- This section briefly examines overview of 4G market trends in Europe highlighting adoption, smartphone sales and frequency spectrum usage.
- 4G Commercial Strategies Overview - This section explains the customer segmentation and examines the strategies followed by operators for 4G products, pricing, promotional and distribution to increase the monetization of 4G services.
- Case studies- We continue with a review of the strategies that leading telecom companies - EE UK, DT Germany, Orange Poland and RCS&RDS Romania - have been following to create profitable growth among growing competition.
- Key findings and recommendations- We conclude the report with a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators and network vendors.
Scope - 4G has become the fastest growing mobile technology in Europe, driven by expanding LTE coverage, proliferation of 4G-enabled connected devices, increasing use of data centric music and video streaming services and expansion into the M2M/IoT arena along with the deployment of smart cities.
- Total 4G mobile subscriptions in Europe to increase at a CAGR of 20.8% between 2016 and 2021 boasting 53.7% share of total mobile subscriptions.
- European operators adopt commercialization strategies for their 4G services based upon market demographics for customer segmentation, suitable devices, appropriate pricing strategies and promotional campaigns to raise awareness and optimal use of distribution networks
- Operators in the region are increasingly focusing upon converged offerings aimed at reducing churn and increasing 4G adoption. The strategy also helps penetrating the residential segment more effectively.
Reasons to buy - The insider report examines the 4G strategies of European mobile operators to increase monetization. The report also provides analysis of various strategies adopted for product differentiation, pricing, distribution and promotion of 4G services.
- The insights in the report will help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies through analysis of the strategies adopted by mobile operators, competitive environment and best practices of the MNOs.
- The case studies focus on current strategies pertaining to product, pricing, promotion and distribution for the major four MNOs in the region. The analysis can be beneficial to local players or prospective market entrants.
- By understanding of the competitive landscape, MNOs can strengthen their market positioning and competitiveness.
- With a total of 30 Exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The small cell networks market was valued at USD 3.34 billion in 2020; it is expected to reach USD 10.96 billion by 2026 and witness a CAGR of 26.82% over the forecast period from 2021 - 2026. The rapidly growing number of IoT devices and the capability of a small cell network to offer direct connectivity among those devices is increasing...
The gaming industry is expected to register a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The most recent trend is the growing availability and popularity of multi-functional gaming console, which is emerging in the market and helping in growing the market of video games in the region. - The African region is one of the regions...
The 5G connections market has been growing at a CAGR of 28% during the forecast period (2021-2026). 5G will transform the future, and companies have already spent billions to set up their networks and to fund new technologies that can use it. Some companies like T-Mobile are claiming to have successfully managed to pull off 5G on the old 4G...
This IDC study examines the Canadian communication services sector market shares and provides a competitive overview of each market segment for the full year 2020. "The COVID-19 pandemic crisis underscores the importance of next-generation network technologies for digital transformation of enterprises and 21st century economies," says study...
The 5G enterprise market is expected to grow from USD 2.1 billion in 2021 to USD 10.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 31.8%. A few major factors driving the growth of this market are the emergence of Industry 4.0 paving the way for mMTC, the development of smart infrastructure, and the delivery of differentiated 5G services using network slicing...
The LTE and 5G broadcast market is estimated to be worth USD 642 million in 2021 and projected to reach USD 1,072 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.8%. The increasing LTE and 5G mobile subscribers with surging penetration of smartphones, growing popularity of on-demand content and seamless mobile data services and growing need for massive connectivity...
The microwave transmission equipment market was valued at US$ 3,135.6 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 5,330.1 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as technological enhancements in LTE advanced, 4G, and other new connectivity technology standards along with 5G is proliferating...
The private LTE market was valued at US$ 3,153.1 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 8,507.2 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing adoption of the Industry 4.0, industrial IoT, and automated technology are significantly fueling the demand for private LTE market. The continuous...
286 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Jun 2021
China’s demand for Mobile Devices has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, imports & exports, consumer consumption...
The global millimeter wave technology market size is estimated to grow from USD 1.8 billion in 2021 to USD 4.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 20.8%. An increase in mobile and broadband speeds is one of the main factors driving the growth of the millimeter wave technology market. The market for communication & networking components...
Mobile Data Traffic
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.