Tobacco Insights: January 2017
- February 2017
- 75 pages
- Report ID: 4826991
“Tobacco Insights: January 2017”, is a monthly report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new laws and regulations globally.
What does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
- Following the announcements of smoking bans in public places in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, 2017 is projected to see nationwide anti-smoking laws in China.
- In Indonesia in January 2017, cigarette excise tax was raised by an average of 10.54% and VAT was raised from 8.7% to 9.1%.
- Oman has implemented a ‘long-awaited’ 100% increase in tobacco-product taxes, according to press reports. This is the first time in 17 years that the government has raised taxes on tobacco products
- In 2016, Altria’s total return to shareholders outpaced both the S&P 500 and the S&P Food, Beverage and Tobacco Index, marking the fourth consecutive year that total shareholder return exceeded 20%.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyze the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- A summary of the latest news in the Tobacco industry, providing a single-source solution to understand how the industry is changing, and what this means for brands and companies.