Summary "Consumer Trends: Niche Tourism", report draws on the expertise of GlobalData’s consumer panel of respondents to provide opinion and insight about the key drivers of booking trends & behaviors. This reports highlights niche tourism preferences amongst outbound tourists.
Despite the popularity of food and health & wellness tourism, consumers still prefer to relax and go to the beach while on holiday. Relaxation (76%) , sun & beach holidays (65%), city breaks (60%) and cultural trips (57%) are the most picked options when it comes to reasons to book a holiday. Religious tourism is the least picked option with 22% of all respondents either somewhat likely or extremely likely to book a holiday for this purpose.
The total number of international arrivals into the US dropped by 1.1% in 2016 to 76.6 million (77.5 million in 2015), mainly caused by the strong dollar which made it less attractive for foreigners to visit the country. The US saw less visitors from Europe, which was down 4% in comparison to 2015. However, growth is predicted in almost every US state in terms of international visitors over the next five years.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information and insights
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Germany’s outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Germany’s outbound tourism sector.
Scope - City breaks are favored by Central & South Americans (67%), while Europe and North America score below average when it comes to city breaks.
- Chinese tourists are the most likely to book a city break with 79% of all respondents either somewhat likely or extreme likely to book.
Reasons to buy - Make strategic business decisions using survey data related to holiday preferences across 36 markets
- Understand consumer behaviour to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source markets
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Outbound Tourism Spending Habits: Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
Our Expenditure Markets in Focus report provides in-depth analysis of the top 10 spending outbound markets globally. Here, detailed commentary and analysis is provided for outbound spending in the US, China, Spain, France,...
Summary The report “Top Outbound Tourism Markets, Trips and Spending per Country To 2019” provides detailed information on the top outbound tourism markets globally. This report analyzes market data and provides a better understanding of tourism flows and tourist expenditure. Key Findings - Mexico had the highest...
Summary Global Travel & Tourism industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including Key Findings - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global travel & tourism market - Use the Five Forces...
Consumer Price Index
Crude Oil Price
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.