Bone Densitometers Market Analysis By Technology (Axial Bone Densitometry, DEXA, QCT, Peripheral Bone Densitometry, SEXA, pDEXA, RA, QUS, pQCT), By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025
The global bone densitometers market is expected to reach USD 1.2 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
The growing prevalence of metabolic bone diseases is believed to be responsible for the high clinical urgency to adopt bone densitometers, thereby impelling the market demand. Growing base of geriatric and obese population, which is highly susceptible to developing disorders such as osteoporosis, is anticipated to propel the demand further. The aforementioned factors are slated to present the market with lucrative growth opportunities over the coming years.
Moreover, presence of consistent number of health initiatives to promote awareness pertaining to osteoporosis is anticipated to broaden market growth potential over the coming years. For instance, National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), a government healthcare organization that conducts National Bone Health Alliance and Fracture Liaison Service (FLS) care coordination programs, is focused on elevating awareness levels pertaining to available diagnostic & treatment alternatives for osteoporosis. It also encourages training of healthcare professionals for efficient management of osteoporosis.
In addition, advent of technologically advanced devices, such as portable densitometers, is presumed to fuel their adoption in home healthcare. Other technological advancements include implementation of advanced hip assessment software into DXA systems that enabled noninvasive assessment of proximal femur structural geometry. Additional associated benefits include depiction of wide array of parameters such as skeletal mapping, hip axis length assessment, areal BMD determination, and cross-sectional area & the femoral strength index.
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest: - Peripheral bone densitometry is expected to exhibit lucrative CAGR owing to increasing adoption in wide array of clinical applications. The high penetration can be attributed to efficient peripheral fracture risk assessment, not achievable by other technologies
- Clinics are anticipated to exhibit lucrative CAGR during the forecast period owing to advent of portable densitometers that are increasingly being preferred by clinicians due to associated benefits such as compact size, accuracy, and ease of transportation
- In 2016, North America held a dominant share of the global bone densitometers market, as a consequence of increasing localized presence of prominent companies undertaking competitive sustainability strategies
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at an exponential CAGR due to unmet patient needs, continuous technological & infrastructural upgradation, and growing healthcare expenditure
- Some key participants implement various competitive strategies, such as new product development & frequent product approvals, to maintain their position in the market
For instance, in October 2016, BeamMed launched neonatal bone growth assessment software for premature babies, which is compatible with most of the densitometer tools
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The radiography test equipment market was valued at USD 1,111.84 million in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 1899.7 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of about 9.29% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Increase in demand from aerospace and automotive sectors, primarily due to conformance to high industry standards and safety...
415 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for X-ray Detectors is projected to reach US$3.5 billion by 2025 supported by the key role played by imaging and diagnosis in managing the global burden of chronic diseases. Under-diagnosis of chronic diseases is a key reason for rising disability-adjusted life years (DALY), emergency healthcare...
The infant nutrition market was valued at approximately USD 79,416 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 132,352 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of nearly 9% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The rising cases of COVID–19 are expected to have a short-term negative impact on the export-import of the nutrition sector....
2021 Hospital Gowns Market - Size, Share, Competition and Forecasts to 2027 Description: The global hospital gowns market is projected to reach $6,526.9 million by 2027 from $3,635.3 million in 2020 at a CAGR of 8.72% during the forecast period. Medical gowns refer to personal protection equipment...
The Viral Vector Manufacturing Market was estimated to be USD 601.36 million in 2020 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 27.36% by 2026 to reach USD 2,579.85 million. The COVID-19 pandemic has underlined the importance of vaccine development for the global population. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), around 151 vaccine...
The pressure ulcer treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. Pressure ulcers also are known as bedsores or pressure sores, are injuries caused to skin and tissues primarily caused by prolonged pressure on the skin. Pressure ulcers can range in severity from patches of discolored skin to open wounds...
200 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2021
China’s demand for Cough Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
500 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Proactive Focus on Health & Well Being Against All Odds is the Consumers’ Response to the Pandemic
- The COVID-19 pandemic has decimated several industries but bucking the trend is the health, wellbeing and fitness industry. From dietary supplements, functional foods, nutraceuticals, indoorexercisingtow...
Digital Health - Telco B2B and B2C Strategies and Approaches to Monetization Summary ‘Digital Health - Telco B2B and B2C Strategies and Approaches to Monetization’ is a new Global Outlook Report that provides an executive-level overview of the global digital health market. It delivers deep qualitative...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Apr 2021
Global Animal Healthcare Market 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the animal healthcare market and it is poised to grow by $ 8.02 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Our report on animal healthcare market provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.