Summary Global Mobile Phones industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global mobile phones market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
Key Highlights - The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
- All currency conversions are carried out at constant average annual 2019 exchange rates.
- The global mobile phones market had total revenues of $790.0bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1% between 2015 and 2019.
- Postpaid had the highest volume in the global mobile phones market in 2019, with a total of 15,962.1 average MOU, equivalent to 69.1% of the market’s overall volume.
- The mobile phones market has saturated due to the increasing penetration of smartphones in globally.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global mobile phones market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global mobile phones market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the global mobile phones market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global mobile phones market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global mobile phones market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• May 2021
Major players in the cellular or mobile telephone services market are AT&T Inc., Verizon, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, China Mobile Limited, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, SoftBank Corp, IBM, Cisco, and Alcatel-Lucent. The global cellular/mobile telephone services market is expected to grow from $187.01 billion in 2020 to...
This IDC study provides data from 2016 to 2025 for selected mobile phone semiconductors along with analysis and commentary."The shift to 5G phones is occurring rapidly, and 2021 will be a pivotal year for the mobile phone semiconductor market. Overall mobile phone shipments will grow a few percentage despite tightness in the semiconductor...
This IDC study provides the top vendor rankings for the worldwide mobile phone semiconductor market for 2020."MediaTek surpassed Qualcomm in SoC shipments for 2020, but not for all application and baseband processor shipments, and MediaTek is far behind Qualcomm in terms of revenue. MediaTek is looking to change this as it moves into higher-tier...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Apr 2021
Direct Carrier Billing Platform Market in US 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the direct carrier billing platform market in US and it is poised to grow by $ 3.57 bn during 2021-2025 progressing at a CAGR of almost 21% during the forecast period. Our report on direct carrier billing platform market in US provides a holistic analysis,...
Mobile Phones Global Industry Almanac - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025 Summary Global Mobile Phones industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also...
As the global chemicals industry is at the onset of the recovery phase, companies are focusing on identifying and monetizing new opportunities in the industry. The majority of the chemical industries are likely to record volume growth of 4% to 8% in the short term, depending on the chemical sub-segment and product portfolio. A large volume...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• May 2021
Major players in the scanner market are Zebra Technologies, Hewlett-Packard, Fujitsu Limited, Canon Inc., Epson, Honeywell International Inc, Opticon, SATO Holdings Corporation, Metrologic Instruments, and Epson America Inc. The global scanner market is expected to grow from $24.9 billion in 2020 to $27.45 billion in 2021 at a compound...
This IDC study provides the outlook on the Japan smartphone market, particularly on 5G-ready smartphones shipment in Japan. "The 5G-ready smartphone market is expected to expand rapidly as prices fall. However, since this is not based on actual user needs for broadband and low latency, it is urgent to convince users of the benefits. If the...
This IDC study provides Japan share in the Japan fifth-generation telecommunications standard (5-G ready) smartphone market by vendor. "5G smartphones are being shipped on a scale that exceeds initial expectations, and the 5G environment on the user side is rapidly being set up. Therefore, it goes without saying that further expansion of the...
This IDC study presents the forecasts for the number of businesses implementing telework and employees who use telework in Japan from 2021 to 2025 by industry segment and company size based on IDC survey conducted in January 2021. "In 2020, the number of businesses implementing telework in Japan increases dramatically because of the restriction...
Number Of Enterprises
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.