Digital Transformation Reshapes Every Industrial Market and Creates New Pivots of Growth for Automation Solution Providers
This research study provides key trends and predictions for the global automation industry in 2017. The automation market experienced a decline in 2016 as a result of a weak investment climate. The research service analyzes the trends across the end-user industries and provides an outlook of the automation market for 2017. The automation market is set for a paradigm shift due to the digitalization in the end-user industries, and the study analyzes the impact of the shift on the market in 2017.
The study captures the impact of trends that are expected to transpire over the upcoming year as organizations shift to prepare for the future. The study highlights the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform offerings of the major automation companies and provides a comparison among them.
The study also highlights the role of start-ups, with niche capabilities in the operational and information technologies in 2017, as they are expected to emerge as the cornerstone to unlock value. This automation outlook provides a detailed market landscape analysis of the key participants in both process automation and discrete automation markets. It offers an in-depth outlook of key trends across end-user verticals that affect the global automation market along with use-cases.
Scope of the study: • Market Type—Process industries, discrete industries
Process industries: Oil and gas, power, chemicals and petrochemicals, metals and mining, life sciences, food and beverages, Water and wastewater, pulp and paper, cement and glass, textile, rubber and plastic, and metal fabrication Discrete industries: Automotive, machinery, semiconductor and electronics, aerospace and defense, printing, medical devices, and packaging
• Product Types—Distributed Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
System (SCADA), Process Safety System, Machine Safety Systems, Human-machine Interface (HMI), Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), Operator Training Simulators (OTS), General Motion Control (GMC), Sensors and Transmitters, Flowmeters, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
• Region—North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Latin America (LA)
• Base Year—2016
• Forecast Year—2017
Key questions this study will answer:
• What are the key factors that will influence the global automation market in 2017?
• What are the key projections for the automation market segments?
• What are the key trends in the end-user industries that will impact the automation market in 2017?
• What are the key automation trends to watch for in 2017?
• What are the growth opportunities in the automation market in 2017?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: