Top Growth Opportunities: Meat in the UAE
- May 2017 •
- 93 pages •
- Report ID: 4938270
Meat market in UAE is forecasted to see a CAGR of 7% in 2016-2021, weakened by 0.8% from the previous five years. This is largely due to the new restrictions on the import of Brazilian meat and poultry in the country, which is a leading source of meat for UAE until now, as they are one of the main import destinations for both meat and poultry. However, the restriction only applies to certain companies that did not comply with new health requirements in their production processes.
The UAE has a strong economy with a high per capita income. This is due to increased spending on job creation and infrastructure expansion, which is opening up utilities to greater private sector involvement. Also, the UAE has no income tax and no federal-level corporate tax which it presents a strong opportunity for the meat market producers to operate in.
Inflation is likely to remain consistent in 2017, whilst falling property prices may also put pressure on overall price levels. Currently, the employment rate is the highest it has been in recent years; however consumer spending on meat remains low. The meat market must focus on differing consumer needs and how they can cater for their lifestyles such as financial and time constraints, with 62% of UAE consumers claiming that food products that align with their time and money constraints would often or always influence their product choice. The economy of the UAE is the second largest after Saudi Arabia in the Arab world, and it continues to rely on the oil revenues. Trade plays an important role in the country, since the value of import and export makes up majority of GDP.
Even though meat consumption is growing in the UAE, the country still ranks amongst the smallest markets in the global Meat sector in terms of per capita expenditure. Though the population and disposable incomes are increasing in the country, the UAE Meat market has not yet seen the benefits of this in US dollar terms.
The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Meat in the UAE" provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for meat producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Meat markets in the UAE.
Additionally, this report provides insights on the following -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the US market. Improve your consumer targeting by understand who’s driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for the US, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and US-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs
Companies mentioned in this report: Carrefour, Lulu, Spinneys, Nesto, Fathima, Union Coop, Geant, Aswaaq, Zoom, Circle K, Seven Eleven, Emirates Modern Poultry Co., Universal Islamic Meat Fzco, PrimerPrecio, Diamond Meat processing L.L.C., Al Islami Foods Co, BRF S.A., Farm Fresh Meats, Inc., Americana Group, Tulip Food Company A/S, Al Ain Poultry Farm, Prime, Americana, Perdix, Sadia, Al Rawadh, Lolo, Al Masa, Al Islami, Al Khazana.
- The meat market in UAE is forecasted to see a CAGR of 7% in 2016-2021, weakened by 0.8% from the previous five years. This is largely due to the new restrictions on the import of Brazilian meat and poultry in the country, which is a leading source of meat for UAE until now, as they are one of the main import destination for both meat and poultry.
- The Cooked Meats (Packaged) category is expected to be the fastest growing category at a CAGR of 8.6% during 2016-2021. It is followed by the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat (Processed) category. Ambient Meat will continue to be the slowest growing category in the market.
- Value between 2011 and 2016 grew at similar pace to volume across all meat categories in the UAE, and will continue to do so over the next five years. This shows that meat producers are targetting opportunities for value for money products
Reasons to buy
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of UAE Meat consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Meat sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.