Evaluating Market & Demand Outlook for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) in India by 2024-25

Evaluating Market & Demand Outlook for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) in India by 2024-25

  • June 2017 •
  • 227 pages •
  • Report ID: 5075848 •
  • Format: PDF
Aerial work platforms are a machine that ensures safety to people when they are working at height and also immensely increases the productivity.
End objective of any project is timely completion and hence using traditional methods of accessing heights to undertake a job is not only unsafe but time consuming too. Use of various variants of AWPs based on application and nature of work involved allows work to be completed in time and most importantly, safely.

The AWP sector in India is still in its infancy stage as compared to the developed nations, where regulations mandate use of AWPs for all work involving height over 3m. In India, line man in electricity company use stack ladders to fix issues related to power lines and this has been fatal, causing many deaths. Its only time that, companies across the spectrum will start using AWP’s for all work that requires personnel’s to be lifted to a particular height. Over the years, awareness has grown, today, many different types of industries use the aerial platforms and have grown to count on them in order to get specific projects done in a safe and timely manner. These platforms are usually associated with the construction industry but over the time other trades such as window cleaners, sign installers, mining surveyors, painters, railway maintenance workers and even mechanics have benefited from the use of these machines. Depending on the nature of the business, one can find just about any aerial lift that can perform specific functions for specific requirements and is growing across sectors such as construction, infrastructure, facility management, maintenance, manufacturing, power, mining, hospitality etc. More and more sectors are getting added as users of AWP. Yet, we have a long way to go unless users understand the advantages of using such equipment over traditional methods of accessing heights for work which are not only unsafe but also unproductive.

Growing awareness about utility of Access Work Platforms (AWP) has resulted towards increasing demand from industrial and general infrastructure projects for construction and maintenance purposes. Fueled by the emerging demand, small, medium, and even some large rental agencies are opting to large scale procurements of imported used equipment in recent years. Increasing usage of AWPs in power sector is evident in case of PGCIL, the national transmission grid operator, is one of the largest user of AWP in India. It uses AWP to maintain its thousands of KMS spread power network. As per an estimate, about 5500+ AWP are operational in India, out of which 30% belong to end users for captive maintenance jobs while the other 70% belong to rental companies rented to industrial and infrastructure and commercial real estate sectors.

There is also growing demand for new stiff, articulated boom and scissor lifts from medium and large corporate industrial project owners and construction companies, for captive construction and maintenance purposes. This is expected to grow further this year, as State owned, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has lined up major maintenance programme for its refineries across India. The demand for new equipment is also expected from India’s largest private refining entity, Reliance for its ongoing third phase expansion of mega Jamnagar refinery in Gujarat, Western India. Reliance refinery is known to have 80 units.

According to the industry estimates, there would be requirement of additional 200 new equipment when the project reaches peak of its construction by the end of this year.

InfraInsights research report "Evaluating Market for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) in India by 2024-25", will do critical analysis of the demand drivers across industries that will lead to demand for AWP, assess the maturity of different industries in terms of usage of AWP, evaluate the current market size and forecast scenario based future growth projections. Report will be end result of an intensive primary research backed by secondary research and will be invaluable piece of reference for companies that are either present in AWP space or those who are willing to enter into this segment of construction and material handling equipment space.