Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Australia
- August 2017 •
- 115 pages •
- Report ID: 5089158 •
- Format: PDF
Consumer and Market Insights "Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Australia", provides an overview of the bakery and cereal market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights top growth opportunities for bakery & cereals market in Australia and outlines new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
This report identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. When combined with an in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Australia’s Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on GlobalData’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
- The Australian Bakery & Cereals market saw a small decline in US$ between 2011 and 2016, due to the depreciation of the Australian Dollar. However, the growth is forecast to change to positive in the next five years between 2016 and 2021.
- Australia ranks among the biggest markets in the global Bakery & Cereals sector in terms of per capita consumption, concretely third in 2016, and expected to become the second largest by 2021
- Opportunities for premiumization in Bakery & Cereals have been limited over the past five years, but this situation is expected to improve between 2016 and 2021.
- Domestic Bakery & Cereals brands in Australia have outperformed international ones.
Reasons to buy
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Australian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall)
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Australia, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by GlobalData have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and Australia-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs