Medical Image Analysis, Healthcare VDAs, Computational Drug Discovery, Medical Treatment Recommendation, Patient Data Processing, and Other Use Cases: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Healthcare has undergone a significant transformation over the past several years, moving from an antiquated, paper-based records system to a more efficient and integrated system that often incorporates physician, payer, and patient-generated health data. This explosion of data means there is a strong need and des ire for systems that not only will help extract and organize this information, but will also analyze and even provide insights and recommendations on how best to utilize the data.
It is no secret that healthcare is expensive. Controlling and reducing costs is a major driver of many healthcare initiatives, and incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) technology is no exception. Contrary to consumer markets, there is little desire to deploy new technology for technology’s sake; healthcare has many safety and operational issues that prevent the frivolous introduction of technology, which yields little benefit. AI applications generally are designed to address specific, real-world use cases that make the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of patients more efficient, accurate, and available to populations around the world. In the context of an industry fueled by these key market drivers, Tractica forecasts that the global market for AI solutions in the healthcare sector will increase from $1 billion in 2017 to more than $34 billion by 2025.
This Tractica report focuses on 22 healthcare-focused use cases for artificial intelligence, including an assessment of the market opportunity for AI software, hardware, and services in the healthcare market. The market analysis and forecasts within the study cover industry dynamics in five major world regions and are based on an in-depth assessment of major companies as well as startup-level activity in the healthcare AI space. Revenue forecasts for each use case are segmented by world region, and the study also includes profiles of 22 key industry players.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How much revenue will be generated by the sale of AI-based hardware, software, and services focused on the healthcare market?
- Which use cases are projected to generate the most revenue throughout the forecast period?
- What types of AI technology will be used in healthcare?
- Which hospitals and other providers are utilizing AI-based applications and services?
- What types of future AI use cases may be on the horizon?
- Which geographic regions are projected to generate the most revenue in healthcare AI?
- Which vendors have developed AI-based technologies and are currently selling into the market?
Who Needs This Report?
- Artificial intelligence technology companies
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Service providers and systems integrators
- Medical device and healthcare software companies
- Health systems, healthcare insurance companies, provider networks
- Government agencies
- Investor community