Internet Access Global Industry Almanac 2017
- October 2017 •
- 652 pages •
- Report ID: 5174207
Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
The internet access sector consists of the total revenues generated by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections and wireless through both consumer and corporate channels.
Market volumes represent total number of subscriptions.
Any currency conversions have been calculated using constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The global internet access market had total revenues of $981.4bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 7.6% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 2,924.8 million subscriptions in 2016.
- China is by far the leading nation globally in terms of both market value and subscription volumes. Considering that internet penetration stands at only around 52% at present, the potential for growth in this market is huge.