From bench to bedside, biosimilars continue to dominate boardroom discussions around the world. But after all the talking, what’s the secret to success in this high stakes market? Against a backdrop of ever increasing competition and great expectations, the most effective and lucrative commercial strategies for biosimilars are emerging. Is it a case of ’business as usual’ or do experts believe companies need to choose ’a road less travelled’? Commercialisation of Biosimilars: Team Tactics & Strategies Across the Product Lifecycle reveals what you need to know, and what you need to avoid.
Discover on this page…
1. Key themes covered in the report
2. What you will learn from the report
3. Detailed table of contents
4. Research objectives and methodologies employed producing in the report
1. Reasons to buy this report Operating in a biosimilar world means that companies need to find new and innovative ways to differentiate themselves versus the competition; conversations have moved from clinical differentiation to commercial differentiation. So when it comes to commercial differentiation, is it just about being the cheapest product on the pharmacy shelf? Not so, say experts. While price gives you the ’ticket to the game’, it will only take you so far. So what are the options? Experts suggest that the way forward is a hybrid approach, where the best bits of innovative drug and generic drug commercialisation are blended in order to forge a new path.
This report will enable you to: • Get up-to-speed on the current biosimilars landscape including opportunities, investment drivers, regulatory and policy developments, and the key factors influencing the market.
• Define team roles and responsibilities across spectrum biosimilar asset’s lifecycle, including technical and manufacturing, clinical and regulatory, medical affairs, commercial and legal.
• Set out timings and key stages for commercial strategy development and implementation including guidance on when to involve specific functions.
• Formulate a plan of attack for data, key performance indicators and pre- versus post-approval activities and responsibilities.
• Build a strategy for global and local implementation success, considering who takes the lead and the five critical elements not to be ignored.
• Look ahead to potential future strategy development and implementation challenges facing biosimilars as the market matures, and discover longer term ideas to boost success rates.
2. Research Methodology and Objectives This report draws on the views and experience of experts directly involved in developing biosimilars and bringing them to market. It provides a valuable perspective on this growth area and offers the benefit of lessons learned, pitfalls to avoid, plus ideas on how to proceed.
The insights presented are based on detailed interviews carried out between 8 August 2017 and 3 October 2017 with 9 biosimilar-focused professionals. • Caroline Boulliat, Head of Biosimilar, Business Unit Director, Amgen (UK/Ireland)
• Rakesh Dixit, VP R&D, MedImmune (AstraZeneca)
• Dr. Rüdiger Jankowsky, Managing Director, Cinfa Biotech
• Steven Lehrer, Managing Director, SBLehrer LLC
• Grzegorz Orlik, MD, Head of Medical Affairs, Biosimilars and Generics (Europe), Accord Healthcare
• Erik Skullerud, Owner & Managing Partner, Element Consulting
• VP Medical, Global Biotech Company (anonymous)
• Pricing & Reimbursement Strategy Manager, Top 10 Pharma Company (anonymous)
• Account Manager, European Biosimilars Company (anonymous)
Key questions explored in this report include: When should a biosimilar commercial strategy be formulated and who should be involved?
Who should define the strategic vision at each stage in the biosimilar lifecycle?
What is the importance of steering committees?
What role do specific internal teams play, and when are they most critical?
What are the key differences between the pre- and post-approval phases for commercial strategy development and implementation?
How should global tactics be adapted to fit local markets; what market-specific tactics are needed?
What influences decision-making at each stage of commercial strategy development?
How do experts see biosimilars commercial strategies and market tactics evolving?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Europe Management Consulting Services Market was valued at USD 60.88 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 86.95 billion, registering a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Key Highlights Management consulting firms provide services that help organizations improve their efficiency. The firms...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Sep 2022
Major players in the healthcare ERP consulting services market are Accenture plc, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Premier Inc., Workday Inc., Infor, Atos, Avaap USA LLC, Infosys Limited, Allscripts Healthcare LLC, Azalea Health, SAP SE, Wipro Limited, KPMG International Limited, and Clarkston consulting The global healthcare ERP consulting...
This IDC Perspective helps CIOs understand and apply Aristotle's concepts and thinking to solving modern problems surrounding the difficult tasks of driving successful change management and business transformation efforts. It describes three key elements of Aristotle's writings, explains why they matter to CIOs, and how they can be applied...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• May 2022
Major players in the software consulting market are Cap Gemini, Atos SE, Oracle, Accenture, IBM Corporation, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, CGI Group Inc., Cognizant, Ernst & Young Global Limited, and SAP SE. The global software consulting market is expected to grow from $209.8 billion in 2021 to $234.38 billion in 2022 at a compound...
This IDC study provides an analysis of the worldwide business consulting services market for the 2022-2026 forecast period."In 2021, the uptick in business consulting services we expected proved to be a strong return to consulting spend for 2021. Organizations, depending on where they fell on the digital maturity spectrum, utilized business...
This study provides user spending forecast and an observation of market trends and prospects for the Japan IoT market from the perspective of industry sector and technology.Yuta Torisu, a senior market analyst at IDC Japan Communications, said, "Many companies working on IoT recognize that 'lack of vision/awareness of management (to promote...
This IDC study presents IDC's worldwide and U.S. IT consulting services market by major regions. A historical sizing and forecast are provided, beginning in 2019 and extending through 2026. The total worldwide market is assessed. A range of forecast assumptions are factored in. This study does not contain vendor-specific revenue, market shares,...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Apr 2022
Global Business Process Management (BPM) Training Market 2022-2026 The analyst has been monitoring the business process management (BPM) training market and it is poised to grow by $ 1.76 bn during 2022-2026, accelerating at a CAGR of 12.77% during the forecast period. Our report on the business process management (BPM)...
342 pages •
By Future Market Insight Global & Consulting Pvt Ltd
• Apr 2022
Change Management Software Market: Global Industry Analysis 2015-2021 and Opportunity Assessment 2022-2032 A recent market study published on Change Management Software offers a global industry analysis for 2015-2021 and opportunity assessment for 2022-2032. The study offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics....
Business Consultancy And Audit
Consumer Price Index
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.