Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 33: A Quarterly Review of the latest News & Analysis for the Infant Formula and Baby Food Industry, covering news for July - September 2017
- November 2017 •
- 51 pages •
- Report ID: 5227070
"Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 33", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the key markets in the Baby Food industry.
This quarterly issue provides a review of news and analysis for the infant nutrition industry, covering the July-September 2017 period. Market News includes: Chile is tightening controls on the marketing of breast-milk substitutes; Mexican production of infant formula is down; in the US, Plum and NurturMe have launched innovative meals ranges; in Australia Aspen is rebranding its S-26 formula to Alula S-26, while SMA will become Infacare SMA; by the end of September the Chinese FDA had approved thirteen batches of infant formula brands, and we list them all; more low-priced infant formulae have hit Singapore’s market, including the first of own-label products; in France, the baby food category continues to decline, with growth in pouch meals failing to offset declines elsewhere; despite the declining birth rate, sales of baby food have begun to recover in Russia; Nestlé has introduced an infant formula fortified with human milk oligosaccharides in Spain; Swiss retailer Migros has launched an owl-label range of baby food; Pharmalys has launched its Primalac brand in a number of markets in Africa and the Middle East. In Company News, this issue provides first half financial results for multinational and local players, reports on production expansion in the infant formula sector, and an insight into new joint ventures and partnerships, as well as merger and acquisition activity.
What else does this report offer?
- Market profile based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Baby Food industry globally.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- The Ministry of Health of Chile has amended the law on packaging relating to breast-milk substitutes, banning all advertising which could serve to promote the use of breast-milk substitutes.
- Aspen reports an improved performance for its brands in the Mexican market in the first six months of 2017. Its Infacare brand is achieving increased penetration in the mid-priced segment.
- Although FrieslandCampina’s Friso remains the leading brand in Hong Kong, it is facing pressure as a result of a reduction in tourism from mainland China.
- The Punjab Food Authority (PFA) in Pakistan has banned the marketing and free sampling of infant formula in hospitals. It is also to establish standards and ingredient requirements for infant formulae. They will require infant formula to be labeled in Urdu.
- Following the completion of the merger agreement between Reckitt Benckiser and Mead Johnson, Mead Johnson’s results are now included with Reckitt Benckiser, with more limited data published than previously.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market