Top Growth Opportunities: Wine in Poland
- January 2018 •
- 97 pages •
- Report ID: 5291881
Poland’s is the sixth-largest economy in the EU and is currently one of the fastest growing economies in Europe, registering GDP growth of 2.7% for 2016 and a projected 3% for 2017. This has stabilized consumer confidence, and spending, despite lingering concerns around the global recession. Finally, as the domestic population continues to age and develop, there is a significant awareness for health & wellness, and wine benefits from this through being perceived as a both an indulgent treat but with also possessing some health benefits, unlike other types of alcohol.
Poland is the fifth-largest wine market, by US$ expenditure per capita, and is actually larger than those of Poland, Japan, and China. Per capita expenditure on wine in Poland is expected to grow by a CAGR of over 6% during 2016-2021.
Polish wine market recorded modest growth at a CAGR of around 2.5% during 2011-2016 and grew from about US$2.8 Billion in 2011 to over US$3.3 Billion in 2016. The market was hindered by a slow global economy and the country’s recovery from the 2008 global recession. However, with increasing disposable incomes of Polish consumers in recent years, coupled with availability of wide variety of wine products imported from neighboring countries such as Bulgaria and France, the market is forecast to record stronger growth at a CAGR of over 6% during 2016-2021, and will be worth more US$4.5 Billion by 2021.
The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Wine in Poland", provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for wine producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of wine market in Poland through our detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Poland market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why.
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for Poland, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Companies mentioned in this report: E-Mart, GS25, Durean Winery, Angel’s Heart, F.W.LangguthErbenGmbh& Co. liters.
- The Polish wine market was valued at over US$3 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grew at a CAGR of 6.3% between 2016-2021.
- The market will grow to over US$4.5 billion by 2021.
- Ambra S.A. is the largest wine producer in Poland with over a 6% share of the market, in value terms, as of 2016.
Reasons to buy
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Poland’s wine consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the wine sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.