Automotive Manufacturing Global Industry Guide 2015-2024
Summary Global Automotive Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Industry size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Industry.
Key Highlights - The automotive manufacturing industry comprises the production of trucks, passengers cars and motorcycles.
- The truck manufacturers market consists of the production of light commercial vehicles (LCVs), heavy trucks, and buses & coaches. The maximum legal weight of each vehicle type varies between countries. On average, LCVs weigh up to 5.25 tons, heavy trucks weigh greater than 5.25 tons, and buses & coaches weigh greater than 5.25 tons. Sports utility vehicles and similar vehicles are not included.
- Passenger cars are defined as motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used for the transport of passengers, and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat.
- Motorcycle manufacturers are producers of powered two-wheelers (PTWs) that are available to the public. All designs and engine capacities, including low-powered bikes referred to as mopeds, are included. On-road (street legal), racetrack only and off-road motorcycles are all included.
- The automotive manufacturing industry value is calculated in terms of manufacturer selling price (MSP), and excludes all taxes and levies. All currency conversions are at constant average annual 2019 exchange rates.
- Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in April 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental’ aid involved. At the same time the weight of the pandemic seriousness is applied on the individual countries in this report based on death to population ratio recorded in countries.
- Majority of the industries will see the decline in volume of the goods and services offered by companies. Usually the lower demand would cause the decrease the prices level. However, amid many governments’ ordered for many industries to lock down and so the supply chain is distorted that in great pictures mitigate the results of lower demand.
- Applied scenarios differ depending on the individual sector, however generally sectors which involves intensive manual labor and face to face interaction seem to be hit the most by present situation. On the other hand the internet based businesses as well as the producers of the vital, subsisted products and services seems to take advantages of the current events.
- The global automotive manufacturing industry had total revenues of $1,604.5bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1% between 2015 and 2019.
- Industry production volume increased with a CAGR of 0.5% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 146.4 million units in 2019.
- The Asia-Pacific region is the biggest globally, accounting for over 55% of the global industry’s value and over 69% of the production volume. China accounts for almost half of the Asia-Pacific industry. Growth in this industry has been hindered by environmental concerns in China.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global automotive manufacturing Industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global automotive manufacturing Industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key automotive manufacturing Industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global automotive manufacturing Industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the global automotive manufacturing Industry by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global automotive manufacturing Industry in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global automotive manufacturing Industry?
- How has the Industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global automotive manufacturing Industry?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
329 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Mar 2021
China’s demand for Automotive Electronics has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer...
The digital isolator market was valued at USD 1.6 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 2.4 billion by 2026. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. Risen adoption of digital isolators as substitutes for optocouplers, surged demand for noise-free electronic and electrical circuits, increased usage of renewable...
The global automotive OEM interior coatings market is expected to record a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is the mobility preference for personal transport owing to pandemic crisis. - A sharp decrease in automotive production is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied. -...
The market for rubber additives is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the rubber additives market are rapidly increasing demand from the tire manufacturing industry and growing application in enhancing structural and mechanical properties. Stringent environmental regulations are expected...
The global automated guided vehicle market was worth USD 4.55 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 11.70 billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of 17.01% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Lights-out automation has been the aimed result for various manufacturing facilities. Lights-out automation involves in fully automated systems...
The market for polyimide films is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand from the electronics industry. High processing cost of polyimide films is one of the major challenges witnessed in the polyimide films market - Increasing adoption of...
The automotive DC-DC converters market is projected to grow from estimated USD 339 million in 2020 to USD 1,432 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 33.4% during the forecast period. The growing adoption of energy-efficient electric vehicles such as battery electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid vehicles, and fuel cell vehicles to curb GHG emissions from...
The AWD/4WD systems are primarily used in the premium segment cars and SUVs.Improving economic conditions, increasing industrialization, and improved living standards of the consumers around the world have increased the demand for premium segment cars and SUVs. Following this demand-led growth, key OEMs have begun to focus on the development...
The automotive Ethernet market is projected to grow from USD 1.8 billion in 2020 to USD 5.6 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20.9% from 2020 to 2026. Major factors expected to drive the growth of the automotive Ethernet market include increasing demand for higher bandwidth, rise in deployment of ADAS and infotainment...
Executive Summary The Global Automotive FCEV Market, valued at USD 415.45 Million in the year 2020, has been witnessing lucrative growth owing to stringent regulatory standards regarding environment conservation, supportive government policies on energy conservation, as well as growing consumer awareness about product quality....
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.