PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Portugal
- May 2019 •
- 41 pages •
- Report ID: 5390541 •
- Format: PDF
Northern Portugal and the Lisbon region together contributed 65.4% to total GDP and accounted for 62.3% of the total population in 2017. Inward FDI stock in Portugal increased by 24.1% in 2017.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 24.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (20.2%) and mining, manufacturing and utilities (18.4%). The overall PSI20 index has declined over the past year. As of April 9, 2019, PSI20 index stood at 5,275.6 compared to 5,449.0 on April 9, 2018.
- According to the World Bank’s logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Portugal has improved over the last two years with an increase in rank from 36th in 2016 to 23rd out of 160 countries in 2018
- In January 2019, the Portuguese government announced a 10-year infrastructure investment plan (2021-2030) called the “National Investment Program 2030”.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.