In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Nordic Data Center Market Report
Nordic data center market witnessed investments of USD 5.24 billion in 2021 and will witness investments of USD 10.21 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.76 % during 2022-2027.
The Nordics is a favorable investment area for hyperscale, colocation, and cryptocurrency data centers. Hyperscale data center operators have opted to open many self-built cloud data centers in the Nordics to support local and regional customers. The adoption of cloud-based services, big data analytics, and IoT services has grown significantly by local enterprises across the Nordics, boosting local colocation demand in the market.
The following factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the Nordics data center market –
• Increase in Connectivity (Submarine Cables & Internal Connectivity) • Impact 5G Fueling Data Center Deployment • Increasing Adoption of District Heating Concept • Growing Artificial Intelligence Adoption • Growing Government/Industry Initiatives • Impact Innovations in the Data Center Industry
• Nordic is expected to witness over USD 8 billion of cumulative investments through the development of data centers by hyperscale operators during 2022-2027. • Digital Realty, Equinix, Green Mountain, atNorth, and Hetzner Online are the prominent data center operators that invested around 20% of the total investment in 2021. Data center operators are likely to make more investments in the region. • In terms of investments by data center operators, the Denmark data center market is leading with around 30% of total investments in the Nordics, followed by Sweden and Norway. • The data center operators and associations signed a European Green Deal to reduce greenhouse gas and nullify greenhouse gas emissions across Europe. The awareness of renewable energy procurement will increase along with the construction of data center facilities in the region. This will drive demand for the carbon-free data center.
NORDIC DATA CENTER MARKET SEGMENTS
The Nordics data center market is segmented on the basis of-
• Infrastructure • IT infrastructure • Electrical Infrastructure • Mechanical Infrastructure • Cooling Systems • Cooling Technique • General Construction • Tier Standard • Facility • Geography
NORDICS DATA CENTER MARKET SEGMENTATION • IT Infrastructure: High-performance computing workloads will drive the demand for HPC systems in Nordics data centers. The majority of these workloads are non-critical in nature. Also, hyperscale operators consider deploying in Nordic as cold-storage facilities or disaster recovery centers. • UPS Systems: Over USD 1.7 billion will be spent on procurement and deployment of UPS systems and batteries across Nordic data centers during 2022-2027. In Nordic countries, the adoption of lithium-ion batteries is increasing. In 2020, Ecodatacenter partnered with Schneider Electric to develop an ultra-low-carbon-footprint data center in Falun by installing Galaxy VX UPS with lithium-ion and MasterPact MTZ solutions. • Cooling Systems: Around USD 1.5 will be spent on procuring and deployment of free cooling chillers, economizers, and evaporative cooling units for data centers in Nordics during 2022-2027. Along with air-based cooling, the data center operators are likely to adopt liquid emersion cooling for the data centers. For instance, in 2020, Iceotope partnered with Schneider Electric and Avnet to provide the chassis-level liquid immersion cooling solution to EcoDataCenter’s colocation facility in Sweden.
Market Segmentation by Infrastructure
• IT Infrastructure • Electrical Infrastructure • Mechanical Infrastructure • General Construction
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
• Server Infrastructure • Storage Infrastructure • Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
• UPS Systems • Generators • Transfer Switches & Switchgear • Power Distribution Units • Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems • Racks • Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Cooling Systems
• CRAC & CRAH Units • Chiller Units • Cooling Towers • Condensers & Dry Coolers • Evaporative Coolers • Other Cooling Units
• Core & Shell Development • Installation & Commissioning Services • Engineering & Building Design • Physical Security • Fire Detection & Suppression • DCIM/BMS
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
• Tier I & II • Tier III • Tier IV
Market Segmentation by Facility
• Hyperscale Data Centers • Enterprise Data Centers • Colocation Data Centers
GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS • Denmark: Denmark to record a CAGR of about 19.15% during 2021-2027. Digital Realty, Facebook, and Google are Denmark’s major data center investors. Denmark has an abundance of renewable energy, and the government is focussing on the generation of green energy. The Denmark government is focusing on attracting investments from various operators providing various incentives, developing areas for data centers. Facebook, Google, and DigiPlex have several acres of land for data center development or expansion in Denmark. • Norway: Norway to record a CAGR of around 20% during 2021-2027. In June 2021, the Norwegian data center industry announced the establishment of Norsk Datasenterindustri (Norwegian Data Center Industry), an industry association to strengthen the data center industry in Norway. The association includes data center operators, including Digiplex and Green Mountain, as well as power companies such as Ringerikskraft and Statkraft. It will come under the umbrella of IKT-Norge.
Market Segmentation by Geography
• Sweden • Finland • Denmark • Norway • Iceland
• In October 2021, NetApp acquired a cloud optimization platform “CloudCheckr” which will provide security, maintenance, and also optimize cloud resources. • Caverion acquired RPH Linc AB, a systems integrator for various electrical security for various customers in Stockholm, Sweden. • Hyperscale providers continue to dominate through the adoption of ODM solutions through their self-built facilities and collocated cloud regions across the Nordics, thus fuelling demand for hyperscale data centers in the Nordic region.
• ABB • Alfa Laval • Carrier • Caterpillar • Cummins • Eaton • HITEC Power Protection • Legrand • NetNordic • Reillo Elettronica • Rittal • Rolls-Royce Power Systems • Schneider Electric • Socomec • STULZ • Trane Technologies • Vertiv Group
Prominent Construction Contractors
• Arup Group • Coromatic • Caverion • COWI • Designer Group • RED • Dornan • Exyte • Gottlieb Paludan Architects • Granlund Group • MT Hojgaard • Mace Group • ISG • Sweco • Mercury • Ramboll Group • YIT
Prominent Data Center Investments
• Apple • AQ Compute • atNorth • Bahnhof • DigiPlex • Digital Realty • EcoDataCenter • Equinix • Green Mountain • Google • Facebook • Microsoft
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. Which region is expected to grow the highest CAGR during the forecast period? 2. What are the various trends in the Nordic Data Center market? 3. Who are the key players in the Nordic Data center market? 4. What is the size and share of the Nordic data center market? 5. What is the COVID-19 impact on the Data center market in Nordic?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Southeast Asia Data Center Market Report The Southeast Asia data center market is among the fastest-developing markets worldwide and is led by increased cloud adoption, the advent of 5G, and the adoption of advanced technology such as AI, big data,...
The report considers the present scenario of the Vietnam data center market and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2022?2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market. Vietnam data center is expected to grow...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this APAC Data Center Generator Market Report APAC is currently one of the most dynamic data center markets across the globe, with increased investments from colocation providers and hyperscale operators. The growing number of internet users, increased...
The data center generator market is expected to reach US$ 6,729.53 million by 2028 from US$ 4,693.00 million in 2021; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2021 to 2028. The overall market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America. Germany, France, the UK,...
The report considers the present scenario of the Belgium data center market and its market dynamics for 2022?2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the industry. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market. Belgium data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR...
The report considers the present scenario of the Portugal data center market and its market dynamics for 2022?2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market. Portugal data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR...
This report considers the present scenario of the Colombia data center market and its market dynamics for 2022?2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market. KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT •...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on Industry Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast included in this Latin America Data Center Cooling Market Report 2022-2027 Key Market Highlights: • Heat is one of the biggest issues for data centers. Overheating processors,...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this India Data Center Market Report The enterprise adoption of cloud-based services, big data analytics, and IoT services has been a strong force for data center investments in India. COVID-19 has significantly aided the demand for data center services...
The report considers the present scenario of the Argentina data center market and its market dynamics for 2022?2027. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market. Argentina data center market size will grow at a CAGR of...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.