Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Forecast Report on Cushing’s Syndrome in 25 Major Markets
Cushing’s syndrome is a multisystem disorder associated with chronic systemic exposure to excessive amounts of cortisol. It can be induced by both endogenous and exogenous factors and usually presents a typical set of signs and symptoms. Multiple comorbidities of Cushing’s syndrome have been identified, which significantly impact the quality of patients’ life and contribute to increased mortality.
Even though various effective treatment methods are available, including surgical, radiation-based and pharmacological interventions, recurrence of the disorder is possible. Patients in whom Cushing’s syndrome occurred during childhood can retain some physical and psychosocial disadvantage in later life.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Cushing’s syndrome across 25 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Russia, Turkey, South Africa, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Mexico) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, Cushing’s syndrome patients grouped by classification, treatments and comorbidities have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of Cushing’s syndrome include: • Obesity
• Insulin resistance
• Hypercoagulability leading to VTE
• Psychiatric disorders (with aggravation of pre-existing tendencies)
• Impaired growth in children
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world-class sources that deliver the most up-to-date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy • Ability to quantify patient populations in global Cushing’s syndrome market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Cushing’s syndrome and identification of patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of Cushing’s syndrome patients.
• Identification of Cushing’s syndrome patient sub-populations that require treatment.
• Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Cushing’s syndrome patients.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: