Online Retailing in Belgium, Summary & Forecasts to 2022
- August 2018 •
- 89 pages •
- Report ID: 5628957 •
- Format: PDF
"Online Retailing in Belgium, Summary & Forecasts to 2022". report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in Belgium. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments. In-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories).
Online sales in Belgium are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% between 2017-2022 to reach €9,646.5 million by the end of 2022. Online retail, especially m-commerce is showing robust growth with increasing smartphone penetration and a shift in consumer preferences to shop using portable devices such as smartphones and tablets, with fashion products accounting for a high number of purchases made through these devices.
- Belgian online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2017-2022
- Online penetration in overall retail sales is forecast to reach 10.4% by 2022
- Festive and special discount days to drive online sales growth
- International retailers and cross-border shopping dominate the market
- Clothing and footwear is the fastest growing sector for online sales
- Electricals remains the sector with the highest online penetration
- Collect & Go dominates the Belgian online retail market.
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Belgian online retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the online retail market
- Investigate current and forecast online trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial online trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories online from 2012, with forecasts until 2022.